Chapter 23

Gauravi 's POV

" Your mission?? Operation?? You mean... " I could not digest what he said.

" Oh... I mean, I had a doubt that something fishy is going on, so thought of looking at it. Why? If you can get curious and go on a mission, can't I do the same?? " He said..

" I don't trust you. Arun seems to be a good man. "

" Yes, of course, you trust an absolute stranger but not me..... I mean the son of your parents' friends. Anyway, let me break your bubble. I went to that place a day before you and took a moonlight stroll last night and I confirmed what I had suspected. Your trusted new friend, Arun Nair is very much an important part of that gang. They are involved in antiques smuggling and human trafficking. "

" No!! A.Arun? " I was shocked as hell.

" Yes, he is the boss of the men you saw there. " He said and my jaw dropped.

" I don't believe it... "

" Of course!! You are falling for his fake charm. " He said shaking his head.

" I am not falling for him. Not at all interested, I hope you remember that I am engaged. " I retorted.

" Oh, I am amazed that you still remember that, I am sure even Mihir would not have approved of your blind faith in this man. Well, that's between him and you. I just don't want the burden of your death on my conscience. So I want to save you. Now stop arguing and come with me. We will talk about this when we are somewhere safer. We are in grave danger here. They can kill or sell you even faster than one blink. " I was scared as hell at what he said.

" What will we do now?? Can you handle this situation? " I asked.

" Yes, only if you do what I say without playing twenty questions first," he replied sarcastically.

" Are you sure? " I asked.

" Yes!! Though you think that you are a superwoman, you are not, just a spoiled princess and a doctor. This is way out of your league, I will save you provided you follow me. " He said with arrogance oozing out from his pores the way he was carrying himself and looking at me with confidence.

" You are saying as if you are some sort of commando or a trained soldier, you are also just a rich brat and an engineer who joined your family business and is a certified Casanova. " I replied and he rolled his eyes and took a deep breath.

" Are you sure he is involved? " I asked him.

" Yes, now are you coming of your free will or shall I drag you out of here? And for your information, I am much more capable than you think I am. " He said and took a step towards me cursing. I knew he could as he was much taller, heavier, and larger than me.

" Don't you dare!! And mind your language or I will complain to your dad. " I glared at him. He laughed.

" I am sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities. But you will complain to your or my dad when you get out of here alive. So shut up and come. I am not used to cursing but you have a special talent in taking the worst out of me. Let's go, we got to move now. " He said.

He held out his hand for me to hold.

" Fine, I will pack my clothes. "

" Clothes?? You haven't packed till now?? Didn't I tell you to pack your bag?? " He glared at me.

" I did most of it and then thought... "

" For god's sake don't think in the future, just follow what I tell you to do. " He said with a death glare.