Chapter 55

Shlok's POV

Struggling to return to my spot, I suddenly noticed a bar of soap among the plane wreckage. Turning back to her, I saw her immersed in the water, surrounded by flowers, resembling a princess bathing in a floral paradise.

She looked so adorable when she blushed and turned red. Handing her the soap, her face lit up, and I teased her about helping with her back, which only earned me a sharp response.

But I couldn't resist teasing her further, offering to soap her back, watching her squirm with embarrassment. She was adorable when flustered.

I gave her my T-shirt to use as a towel and then washed it.

She was reluctant but agreed to do it saying that it was for the first and last time she would do it.

And I wanted her to wash our clothes together for the rest of our lives.

I went away before I could get away and do something wrong. I went to get the stems and big palm leaves to make a shelter. 

As she spread our clothes out to dry, I busied myself with creating a shelter and checking for any dangers. It was a serene place, perfect for our temporary refuge.

Upon my return, I noticed her wincing in pain. After tending to her blister, she confessed her homesickness, her tears tugging at my heartstrings. I wanted to reassure her, to hold her close, but I restrained myself.

Watching her from the corner of my eye as I tended to her foot, I couldn't help but wish for more intimate moments, but I pushed those thoughts aside, focusing on practical tasks.

Handing her my shirt to wear, I set to work on constructing a makeshift tent. Seeing her wear my shirt stirred a longing within me, a desire for more moments like this, despite the reality of her engagement.

I wished to see her like that again and again, night after night in nothing else but my shirt, for the rest of my life.

" Wow!! It is looking so good. " She said to break the moment and I smiled.

" Here is your penthouse, ma'am. Go in and rest. " I said.

"Thank you, Mr Malhotra, I loved our penthouse. We must sleep now, you must be very tired as well. " She said and my heart skipped a beat.

Our penthouse?? We must sleep now...  in our penthouse??

Shit!!! I wish she would say that to me once we go out from her. I did want to sleep with her in my arms in our house.

But.... It was all wishful thinking... She was engaged to Mihir.

Lucky man!!

Her casual mention of "our penthouse" sent my heart racing, fantasies colliding with harsh reality. I longed to hear those words in a different context, to share a life with her beyond this jungle.

But such thoughts were futile, forbidden by her engagement to Mihir. The mere idea of him having her filled me with frustration and jealousy.

When she unexpectedly offered for us to sleep together, I was taken aback, torn between desire and propriety. I tried to refuse, citing our differences and her engagement, but her stubbornness prevailed.

Her face became red but she still insisted and reminded me that I hated her, if only she knew...

" Oh, honey... How do I tell you... liking has nothing to do with it. After all, I am a human, a man who is... " I stopped all of a sudden.

.... thinking only about you ever since we came here... A man who is fiercely attracted to you. A man who always liked you.

"Anyway, we can't sleep together in that tent," I said firmly.