Chapter 62

Gauravi's POV

" Why?? We have been together for almost a week now... Nothing wrong will happen now?? You know I am engaged and I know you are not interested in me and you have many girls out there waiting for you. "  I argued.

" Please don't argue... I can't lie in bed with you. Do you think Mihir would appreciate it? I would not have approved of it if I were in his place... Or have you already forgotten your beloved Mihir?? I don't want..."  He said.

What the hell??

He was right, I should not ask such a thing.

What the hell was wrong with me?? Why was I pleading with him to sleep beside me??

But I was just telling him to sleep as I was scared... Why did he make the sarcastic remark about Mihir??

Because he doesn't want me... Why would he be, when he had such a wide range of girls to choose from??

Why couldn't he directly say that he didn't want me?

But he has been saying it forever,  why am I imposing myself on him?

"  You don't have to worry about him... but I got your point, I don't want you either. I prefer that ghost over you. Thanks a lot for whatever you have done till now and sorry for everything I did... But I will not trouble you anymore... I am going away, right away. " I turned to leave, the crushing weight of my despair threatening to consume me whole. I started running out of the house. But he came after me and caught my hand.

" Where are you going?? " He asked.

" Away from you... Leave me!!! You hate me so much that you don't leave any chance to comment on it, you have no right to make sarcastic comments about Mihir and my relationship with him.  Stay here. I am leaving. " I said. I could not tell him what I was feeling at that moment.

" I didn't mean that..."

" I know what you mean, you hate me, so there is no need to sugarcoat your words now. " I pushed on his chest but he didn't leave me.

" Come inside, the evil spirit might attack you here. "  He reminded me.

" I don't care!! Call the damn ghost back!! I would rather spend time with him. At least he doesn't hate or ignore me. In fact,  if it wants me, it would not harm me, you think of yourself. By the way, why did you fight with him for me... It would have been better for you if he had killed me. Leave me! Please go... For a change even I want a companion who doesn't hate me. That ghost wants my company... I am going  to talk to him." I was speaking whatever came into my mind without thinking anything as I didn't know how to react in the situation.

" What are you saying? I don't hate you. What made you think that I hate you? " He asked. I turned to go.

But then, his hand caught mine, halting my retreat with a tenderness that took my breath away. I turned to face him, my heart pounding in my chest as I searched his eyes for some semblance of understanding.

At that moment, I saw the turmoil reflected in his gaze, the silent plea for forgiveness that tugged at my heartstrings with a force I could not resist. I wanted to throw myself in his arms...

No!! I must stay strong. He is Shaurya... He can just tease me...he would not understand anything.

" I know it!! You are bullying me and making fun of me as if I am the most stupid girl and you are the smartest man in the world, you have already done a lot of favors for me, and I don't want to burden you with me. You are here in this condition because of me, you could have gone out of this jungle by now but I am slowing you down. You are going through so much because of me. You talk to me sweetly whenever you want and the very next moment you rush away as if I am a live wire, what's wrong with you?? Are you bipolar by any chance?? We don't have anyone else here, so why are you behaving like me? You might be used to all this, but I am not. I am tensed and scared and on top of that you behave so rudely with me, what is your problem?? Well, fine!! You don't have to care about me anymore. I will take care of myself. " I said and tears started rolling out of my eyes.

He kept looking at me with his mouth open.

In fact, I was shocked... I had never cried in front of anyone except my family or when I was too young.

What was I doing, behaving like a spoiled five-year-old? It was not me.

Was I falling for him??

Oh, God!! Yes... I was.

Shit! I can't!!

Once I realized it, I could not stop myself and burst into more tears.

Lost in the heart of the jungle, surrounded by the untamed wilderness, I felt the weight of my emotions pressing down on me like a suffocating blanket. Tears blurred my vision as I stood before him, the man who had captured my heart despite the confines of my engagement to another.

Every fiber of my being ached with the intensity of my longing, my soul yearning to be free from the chains that bound me to a future I did not desire. And yet, as he stood before me, his eyes filled with a mixture of concern and restraint, I knew that we could never be together, no matter how desperately I wished it to be so.

Shit!!! I was engaged... to Mihir. And Shaurya is a playboy... He is in a relationship with many girls.

This could not happen to me. I can't fall in love with him...

" Leave me!!! " I said but he tightened his arms instead.

" Do you ever even think before saying or doing anything?? "  He asked.

" No!! But I am like that... I am not like those brainless girls who followed you blindly. So you think that I am weird, right?? No, wrong!!! They are weird... All of them... " I was saying when he pulled me against his chest, tightened his arms around me, and claimed my lips, I was shocked. I felt as if my heart was thumping against my ribcage.

" Sh... " I tried to push him but he caught my bottom lip between his warm but soft lips again.

His touch was like a balm to my wounded soul, soothing the ache of my loneliness with each gentle caress. I melted against him, my body instinctively seeking solace in the shelter of his embrace, knowing that for this brief moment in time, I was safe.

Tears were still flowing from my eyes and he broke the kiss for a few moments and wiped my tears.

" Look into my eyes, Gaurvi! What do you see?? Do you see hate or disgust in them for you?? No, honey... I like you.  " He said caressing my face with the pad of his thumb. "

" Then why are you doing it?" I asked.

" Oh, honey... how do I make you understand? Let's go inside... Or that ghost might really come to claim you."  He said and when I shook my head he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and turned to go back into the house. 

" Leave me!! Do you think I am a sack of turnips?? Why do you keep picking me up??"

" Learnt this trick from my dad... He used to pick mom and take her with him whenever she didn't listen to him. She is as stubborn as you are. So I need to use the same trick. It works. "  He said while going inside.

😁😁😁😍😍❤️❤️❤️❤️😁😁😍😍😁❤️😁😍😍😁😁😍😍😁😁

Good morning friends

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment share and follow.

If by chance, you have not voted on the past chapters, please do vote for me. And please share my book with your friends.

The result of my daughter was good. She secured 87 percent. She is in class 10 now.  Thanks for your good wishes. ❤️❤️🤗🤗

Have a nice day ❤️

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️❤️❤️