Chapter 47

Third person's POV

" Hey, what happened?? " Sahil asked as  Damini was upset.

Sagar told them everything and said, " Nothing can be done now, I told him everything and yet he was not ready to hear anything. But I don't blame him,  as it is too late to stop the wedding now. Mehul has invited almost half of the city and all his relatives, friends, and associates, and even Gautam has planned to invite all his associates and relatives. Now it can't be canceled. "

" What the hell!! But what about the fact that Shlok loves Gauravi??" Shaurya asked.

" Mihir also loves her for almost two decades now. " Sagar replied.

" But she called off that wedding as she is in love with Shlok now. And that child she is carrying is Shlok's baby... How can they get her married to Mihir?"  Shaurya said looking at Sahil, and her parents for support.

" I tried... but Gautam is not ready as Mehul is so excited about seeing his son getting married to the love of his life," Sagar said.

" What about your son, dad?? Don't you want to see him happy that he is getting married to the girl he loves? " Shaurya said. Damini also looked at Sagar as if she wanted to say the same.

"  I tried... But ask your mom how excited Mehul was... He might die if anything goes wrong in this wedding. Moreover, we could just try to convince them, could not force Gautam to call off that wedding and get his daughter married to Shlok. He would not do it. Because he felt humiliated at that time and now it is too late. He doesn't want to hurt Mihir and Mehul as he has always considered him as his son-in-law because they all were aware of Mihir's feelings for Gaurvi for years. "  Sagar said.

" But dad...  "

" Beta, if Gautam is not ready to change his decision, we can't do anything. He is Gauravi's dad and he has the right to decide for her, only his family I mean Maurvi, Sid, his parents, or Gaurvi can convince him. We can't force him, maybe it was fated to be like this. " Damini said looking very depressed.

" Chachu say something..."  Shaurya looked at Sahil with hope.

" Try to understand your dad as well. He and your mom tried their best... But. There is only one hope... If Gauravi wants to marry Shlok, she can refuse to get married to Mihir. But the chances are low after what happened that morning when they came to talk to you, she thinks it was you, and you refused to take the responsibility. So she doesn't even want to see your face. " Sahil said.

" Then, I will go and talk to her... "

" And will be punched to a pulp. "

" I don't care!! I need to tell her that she met Shlok and he loves her."

" Gautam and Siddh would not allow that now. "  Dad said.

" Dad, chachu please get me one chance to talk to her. "  Shaurya pleaded.

" No, it is very late now... Ask your Mom, how much she tried. But they don't want to cancel the wedding now." Sagar said.

" Chachu!!

" Sahil, stay out of it or we will spoil our relationship with our friends forever.  The relationship with Gautam has already spoiled, now if anything happens to Mehul because of something that we do to stop the wedding... I would never be able to forgive myself. I may not survive if they all break their friendship with me. " Sagar said firmly.

" But what about Shlok and his feelings?? " Shaurya asked.

" Shlok is not a child, he should have thought a thousand times before being in a relationship with a girl who was already engaged with another man... He would have to bear the consequences. He should have thought before getting into this relationship that their dads are my friends. I would not be able to face them. " Sagar replied.