Chapter 65

Gaurvi's POV

Once I realized all that I got into the bed beside him, my eyes were open and I kept looking at him and then turned my back towards him and slowly snuggled into him.

His warm even breath caressed my nape, the belt of his jeans rubbing softly against my lower back and just then his arm came around my waist to pull me further against his body, as though holding me to him.

Oh shit!!

I tensed and tried to get away
from him, bit by bit as I didn't want him to get annoyed that I was sleeping beside him. I had almost slid from under that heavy arm when he muttered something in his sleep and the arm tightened possessively over me.

Oh, God!! I should not wake him as he was exhausted and in pain... I must let him sleep and relax.

Thinking that I gave in and rolled back to my former position until the arm as if sensing my surrender, relaxed.

In his sleep, he must have thought that I was one of his girlfriends maybe. I felt a pang of jealousy at the thought and a sudden stab of pain, but I stayed there, it was a long time before I drifted back off to sleep.

**********

I opened my eyes and saw that the bands of sunlight were filtering through the cracks in the shutters and he was not there on the bed beside me. I touched his side of the bed, it was cold which meant that he was up for a long time. I yawned and sat up, stretched my body, and finally got up from the bed to rush to the kitchen.

He was not even there but one of the chipped coffee mugs was on the table filled with sweet lime juice along with mangoes.

I drank every drop of the sweet lime juice and then peeled a mango and enjoyed it without any inhibition as he was not around to judge me. Taking another mango, I went to stand at the top of the entrance steps. The sun was high in the sky almost overhead, I must have slept for hours, no wonder he had given up waiting for me.

But where was he?

Well, I finished my mango and taking the soap I went to take a bath.

I deliberately took a long time standing under the cold cascade of water until my flesh was chilled. I was expecting him to come back, by the time I finished bathing. But he had not returned till now. I was getting worried about him.

So I came back to the house and after wearing the other dress, I thought of going batter me but as I entered the kitchen, I saw a fresh pile of mangoes.

Oh, so he did come back and go again??

Why didn't he wait for me?

My mind was not working but I wanted to keep myself busy, I arranged all the mangoes in a neat scented, and glossy pyramid.

I went back to the front door and waited for him, listening to his footsteps. I was getting very restless now. I went back inside drifting aimlessly from one room to another. I was going mad with tension, he was injured...

I hope he was alright... Why couldn't he wait for me??

I went back to the bedroom and taking hold of the shutters I pulled them fully open, to let in the air and when I turned back, I noticed another narrow door in the corner. A built-in wardrobe perhaps but when I opened the door I saw a small closet, apart from a wooden chest.

It was a struggle to open it but when at last I managed to open it, I saw layers of crumpled tissue papers and when I pushed them open with one finger I saw a fabric.