332 Two Weddings and a Child

The two of them stood quietly for a while and none of the others interrupted

In the back, Jinde simply leaned against his husband and gave a hum. "Ah, young love ... Kind of makes you envious, doesn't it?"

Leng Jin Yu looked at the two people hugging and then at his husband who wasn't far off from assuming the same stance and smiled. "Why? Do you want a third wedding?"

Jinde chuckled. "Well, you kind of owe me two. Two more weddings and at least one child."

Leng Jin Yu quietly raised his brows and thought of his past life. He would probably make up for his mistakes from back then for the rest of this life but that was alright. He had done too much wrong and he wanted Jinde to be happy. If marrying four times gave him something, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Wrapping his arms around Jinde's waist and putting his chin on his shoulder, he hummed. "If you want to, we can organize it immediately after Qiu Ling's wedding is done. Or maybe wait until the little one is here."

Jinde had felt a bit anxious about coming here today, mostly because he was worried about leaving Xiang Ling alone. With both Xiang Yu and Xin Lan done, it just felt like anything could happen. He had thought they could contact the latter but Jinde had not agreed.

Of course, it wasn't that Jinde didn't want to keep their child safe but ... He also felt that they shouldn't always rely on Xin Lan and give him time to himself. He hadn't said much when he left this time but from what they had talked about before, he might be chasing Xiang Yu.

If those two could actually end up together ... it would be good for both of them. They'd make a nice couple and they were both lonely people who longed for companionship. It was just that Xin Lan needed to become clearer about his feelings and Xiang Yu probably needed time to trust him enough to become a couple. Thus, this couldn't be rushed and they also shouldn't constantly be interrupted. While Xin Lan might not mind, Xiang Yu was still a little childish. To be left behind by his maybe-maybe-not lover would make his inner scale tilt toward 'maybe not' even if he generally understood why Xin Lan left.

Either way, they shouldn't bother them. If they did, that wouldn't be nice. Also, he had to learn to get over his panic. They couldn't always be around Xiang Ling and needed to give this child the chance to become independent. It'd be better to get used to this thought now before he did something that was seriously detrimental to the child later on.

Admittedly, he was terribly afraid of that even if he didn't admit that out loud. But of course, even if he didn't say it, his husband knew him well enough to realize what was going on. And clearly, Leng Jin Yu thought that a few outings like this were more than enough for him to weather. He didn't want to add the stress of doing anything else on top. Also, the wedding of Qiu Ling and Jing He would be enough of a sensation. Add to that his 'resurrection' and they definitely didn't need to throw another wedding into the mix.

Jinde couldn't help but smile when he thought of what was likely to come three days from now: The Heavenly Emperor so far knew nothing of his son's upcoming wedding ceremony but from everything he had heard so far, chances were that the man would throw a hissy fit when he finally figured out what was happening. In front of all the guests who had come from the dragon realm and the Nine Heavens and apparently even from the demon realm this time, the scene would likely be chaotic.

If he exposed his signature golden hair and eyes, it sure wouldn't calm anything down but ... this was his child's wedding. Maybe not officially but, yes, he considered Qiu Ling his child. This was why he was here today and it was also why he didn't want to hide any longer when the actual wedding day arrived.

Jin Ling ... was not an issue anymore so the only thing currently keeping him from exposing his identity was the fear of torpedoing Qiu Ling's wedding somehow before it could arrive. As soon as that ceremony started, he had nothing to fear though, and could honestly face the world.

And he wanted it.

He wanted to stand there on that day, watching unobstructed as this child he had lost and found finally fulfilled his long-standing wish. He wanted to be able to walk up to them and hold their hands, looking into their eyes and having them see his face as he spoke to them. He didn't want to have to hide like he was doing right now.

Jinde sighed faintly and wistfully looked at the God of Love, kind of wishing this person hadn't come so he could already do so right now. But then, he could wait a little longer. He could endure this for Qiu Ling's sake. Just three more days. Having to wear a veil on this day was only a safety measure to keep the wedding on track. He could do that.

Leaning back in his husband's arms, Jinde reached up and interlaced their fingers in the same way Qiu Ling had done with Jing He earlier. "I like the gods' customs. It's another kind of intimacy. We haven't tried that before."

"Yes, it's beautiful. If you want to, then we can do it."

Jinde smiled but shook his head. Even though Leng Jin Yu counted as a god in theory, he really had no ties to this place. And while he had said that his husband owed him two weddings ... he also wasn't taking it too seriously. "I think I'll let you off the hook. Just the child is enough."

"That's also alright." Leng Jin Yu craned his neck and kissed Jinde's cheek, smiling at him. Anyway, no matter what, he would always fulfill his husband's wishes.