208 A Matter They Should Talk About

Jing He didn't feel like anything was off. He was just happy to be with Qiu Ling, no matter what they did. He nodded and his lips curved in a sweet smile.

Qiu Ling once again felt as if his heart twisted in pain but he pushed away that feeling. No matter what, he couldn't react oddly to every bit of happiness Jing He showed just because he felt that the reason for it was an issue. No, he needed to be there for him and let him explore what actually made him happy without judgment. The rest would follow on its own.

Having made up his mind, Qiu Ling had an easier time dealing with the situation. He didn't say anything for a moment and simply held Jing He, his mind roaming. The things he wanted to talk about ... naturally, they should be about Jing He, about his experiences and feelings. He shouldn't be too obvious about it though or it would seem like he cared too much about Jing He's fall.

He never would have thought that this could be an issue. After all, Jing He wanted to become a trueborn god again. But yes, thinking about it closely, it seemed possible that this would have negative effects. After all, he wanted Jing He to want this recovery for himself, not for anyone else. If he was actually happy as a fallen god ... well, then he could also stay one.

He personally wouldn't mind and with how the dragons were, he didn't think his people would mind either. No, it wouldn't be an issue to have Jing He live in his realm. The biggest issue would be the Heavenly Emperor having another child which would put Jing He's life in danger but ... well, they had somebody in their camp in regard to that, didn't they?

Qiu Ling had felt before that Tian's involvement in their lives was odd but even though, it had always been helpful. By now, they knew the reason which was reassuring in this case because it meant that as long as they went to him, he could probably do something to ensure that the Heavenly Emperor wouldn't mess things up for them. In this regard, it seemed that they had no worries left.

Feeling reassured by this line of thought, Qiu Ling focused on the situation at hand again. What to bring up ... it seemed that the easiest way might be the trial since Jing He had just mentioned the topic himself. It was also a good place to start because it should show a lot about how Jing He saw himself.

Qiu Ling brushed through Jing He's hair with his fingers while he thought, the familiar feeling making him calm down after his previous loss of composure. Anyway, as long as Jing He was alive, he could get better. He was still so young. He wouldn't always be in this state. They could slowly work through things. Even though his heart broke thinking of everything his beloved had gone through, he had to focus on the future instead.

His movement paused as he looked at his beloved but he soon picked it up again. It should help Jing He feel more comfortable with the situation which was important if he wanted him to relax and talk about this more in-depth. "Say ... you mentioned the trials earlier."

Jing He nodded. "I was serious about that. I know it might not be quite the same but it would be a possibility."

Qiu Ling nodded as well but didn't respond to the implication further. To him, this wasn't about having a child or not. He was asking because of something else entirely. "We never had the chance to really talk about your previous trial after your return since you didn't remember then and we also couldn't see one another that much. I've been wondering ... now that you know everything, how do you feel about it?"

Jing He opened his eyes wider in surprise. He had thought Qiu Ling would want to talk about them having a child but ... it turned out to be this. But thinking about it, it also made sense. During his trial, Qiu Ling had been very worried that he might misunderstand so he had held back a lot. Of course, he would now want to make sure that everything was alright. He just was that type of man.

Jing He reached out and put his hand on Qiu Ling's chest, feeling the strong heartbeat from within. "I understand."

Qiu Ling raised his brows in response. Did he? That sounded fine but ... why couldn't he understand what he meant specifically? What kind of conclusion had Jing He just come to?

Jing He kept quiet for a moment, focusing on the warmth that came from Qiu Ling's body. This man could always make him feel well cared for. Whether it was during the trial or now, it made no difference. No matter what, he always seemed to be at the forefront of Qiu Ling's mind.

"I love you." He hadn't dared to say these words in the past, only ever indirectly expressing them. But they were long since engaged and he was a fallen god now. It seemed like there shouldn't be anything left holding him back. He could say this now and anyway, he should. Qiu Ling deserved to hear those words.

In fact, he deserved so much more, and yet, he wasn't asking for it. Qiu Ling was content with the smallest concessions made to him, even refusing his offers to go further when he felt that he was pushing himself too much. He truly held nothing back for the person he loved, showing them with every word and every action just how much he cared for them. This kind of energy ... should it not be given back in turn?

Qiu Ling wasn't sure what exactly was going through Jing He's mind right now but after receiving a love confession, he naturally wouldn't miss a beat. "I love you too. I always have."

Jing He nodded and then snuggled up to him more closely, the smile on his lips deepening. He just ... felt very, very comfortable at this man's side.