202 Accidental Seduction

Jing He's eyelids fluttered and he finally woke up from his reverie. He wasn't all that conscious of what had just happened but Qiu Ling's words had still registered. His cheeks flushed in response and he hurriedly lowered his gaze. This was too embarrassing! Who knew what Qiu Ling would think now? He squirmed on the spot but with him lying in Qiu Ling's arms, that really didn't help the situation.

Qiu Ling coughed and took down his hand, looking at Jing He with some resignation. Dragons were usually more aware in terms of physical things but the same couldn't be said for his beloved. It almost felt like he was being seduced but the person doing it had no idea that that was what was happening. Ah, it really wasn't easy to not be married yet ...

In the end, Qiu Ling could only smile wryly and pat Jing He's shoulder to calm him down. "It's alright. Let's continue reading." His fingers trailed through Jing He's hair and then he pulled him back into the position he had been lying in before. Looking at the letter that was still tightly held by Jing He, he continued to read.

"You might be wondering what has caused me to dip the brush in ink yet again. Was there something I hadn't mentioned to you in the previous letter? But rest assured, my confession was true and in its entire scope. I did not leave anything out or add anything. Of course, you can ask me about any details you want to know after you come back and read the letter."

Qiu Ling wasn't sure if it was good to interrupt the letter again after such a short moment but ... it seemed that with the written promise that he could ask, he should also give him the chance to do so when the situation actually occurred. Otherwise, that would be too disingenuous. "So ... Is there something you'd like to know, my love?"

Jing He had been looking at the letter as well. When he suddenly heard something that wasn't written on the paper, he wanted to turn around to look at Qiu Ling but thinking of what had just happened, he forced himself to stay where he was. As for the answer to Qiu Ling's question ... "I don't think so."

In his first letter, Qiu Ling had recounted much of what had happened in his early years before he became king of the dragon race. Yes, he had painted a rather broad picture and not gone into too much detail but that was because it had been long ago and the memories of those years might already be faint. Not to mention that there likely hadn't been too many outstanding things happening apart from the few he had mentioned.

Certainly, there was more in Qiu Ling's past but ... he didn't necessarily need to know. Asking might also open up old wounds and he'd rather not do that. Anyway, life was long and they could talk about such things someday in the future when their current situation wasn't as dire as it was right now.

He fell quiet thinking of this and then raised a hand to cover Qiu Ling's which had returned to his shoulder sometime while he was reading that paragraph. "I remember a little from my trial and you mentioned even more in your letter. Everything else ... it doesn't seem all that urgent to know. Maybe in the future, we can talk about it again."

Qiu Ling nodded. "Certainly." He leaned down and kissed Jing He's hand, his lips lingering for a moment. "You know, I am happy to have this moment. No matter what you want to do, I will gladly do so. Whether it's reading these letters or telling you some stories or whatever else you can think of, I am already satisfied that we can be together again for a while."

Jing He nodded and finally peeked over his shoulder. Qiu Ling's face was still close and he didn't dare to look too much. Lowering his gaze, he simply inched a little closer, leaning his head against Qiu Ling's chest. He could faintly hear his heartbeat and the rhythmic sound seemed to calm down whatever restless thoughts usually assaulted his mind.

Yes, just like Qiu Ling, he could have spent time like this forever. It was a pity that it was but one moment and they didn't know when they would have another one. "I hope I will recover soon."

Qiu Ling nodded and rubbed the back of Jing He's head. "I hope so too. But ... don't rush it. I want you to be well. Not just for now but for the rest of your life. If you need more time to reach that state, then that is alright. There is no need to rush. I will wait for you just as I promised."

Jing He nodded. He naturally didn't doubt Qiu Ling. He had already waited for so long. It indeed didn't seem impossible to wait a few more months. It just ... seemed a little unfair. He always made Qiu Ling wait. In the beginning, it might have been alright because he hadn't even been in love with him yet. But later? He already knew his heart and by now, he even knew how much Qiu Ling desired to have a partner and a family of his own. How could he continuously refuse to give him that?

He hesitated for a moment and looked at Qiu Ling with some doubts left in his eyes. "Do you ... want to get married?"

Qiu Ling raised his eyebrows, not sure where this question was suddenly coming from. Was Jing He really this insecure after his fall that he even doubted this? "Of course, I do. I always have since I met you for the first time. You should never doubt that."

Jing He nodded but his expression didn't ease. He hesitated again but finally still spoke up. "I know that. I meant ... do you want to get married now? The dragons' wedding ceremony doesn't seem to be that complicated ..."