CHAPTER 44

Adriana's pov

Wednesday night

It has been awhile since the movie ended, honestly after what happened with jerk face I couldn't really focus on the movie that was playing before my eyes, Kayla clearly noticed my change of demeanor, she looked worried as if she thought of what could've possibly happened, but little does she know is that I'm thriving, I'm so happy not sad.

"Are you okay?" Kayla nudges my side looking at me with a worried expression.

"I am, tho the movie wasn't really good" I answer honestly, because that's the truth.

"Are you going to tell me why you came back alone without jerk face and looked like you were drowning in your thoughts that even when a jump-scare appeared on the screen you didn't even flinch?" She questions me.

I sigh and tell her everything as we eat more popcorn on my bed. Sophia had to go home earlier, I was sad, but she couldn't stay. Strict parents I guess.

"Are you kidding me?!" Kayla jaw was practically on the floor now.

"I really like him Kayla, do you think that I should give him another chance?" I ask unsure of myself.

"I'm not really a big fan of Adriace- no wait Jariana, ugh whatever- after what he put you through, but if you feel like you could give him another chance go on girl" She cheers me.

"Okay, but seriously? Adriace? Jariana?" I snort at the lame couple nicknames.

"I'll come up with betters ones, it takes time" She nudges me with her elbow.

"Yeah yeah whatever" I try to suppress the smile that's forming on my face, but it feels good to be happy again.

"I'll see you tomorrow babe, bye" She hugs me before leaving.

After that, I went to sleep while dreaming of a certain someone.

~In the middle of the night~

"That's fu**ing stupid Jace! We ain't Adriana sh*t we've been over this conversation over and over again!" I wake up to the sound of my brother yelling. What the actual f**k is going on? Is it the morning already?

I jump out of bed careful to not make noise, I check my phone on my nightstand 4:50 AM. What is Ashton doing up so late? Curiosity takes over me and a second later I find myself outside Ashton's door.

"Things have been going great with her Ashton! She's finally trusting me again, I don't want to mess up! She's going to find out one day anyway, it's better if we tell her, I can't lose her again" This time it's jerk face who's talking, he doesn't want to lose me.

"Oh so we're supposed to go up to her and be like, Hey Adriana me and Jace have been lying to you this entire time, we're actually the strongest mafia in the entire world, oh! And in front of you, you have me who's the right-hand of the freaking leader Jace! Let's not forget how we've been in the mafia for over years now, we kill people, not innocent but still! We're murderers! Happy new year" Ashton confesses and my entire world breaks down.

Mafia?

Leader?

Killing?

Torturing?

Guns

Lies?

How could I be so stupid? My own fu**ing brother in the mafia, and the man I just forgave is the leader? I kissed a MURDERER?!

No way.

I can't.

This is not happening.

And that's how I found out that I can't forgive anyone, not even my own family. So I ran.

Away, far far away, and no one ever saw me again.

But the next time I come back, I won't be the same.

You can't trust anyone, and I won't do the same mistake, not again.

******************************

Short and last chapter of this story, yep cliffhanger, sorry for keeping you waiting this long, but that's not where the story ends, second book coming soon!