CHAPTER 35

Adriana's pov

Friday afternoon

After a long, silent and awkward car ride, we're finally back home, and for the first time, I wish I was at school instead of here. You might ask why?

Well, a little reminder of Ashton's words "You and I are gonna talk once we're back home, and I'm not taking no as an answer" So we could all agree that I doomed.

The moment Ashton parks the car in the driveway, I jump out, and I mean it, I literally jumped out of the car, resulting me landing straight on my face, but I'm fine, anyways, I quickly stand up like I'm some sort of secret spy on a mission, yeah, I would be busted the second I start my mission, back on my feet, I run to the back of the house and sigh in relief before entering the house from the back door and sprinting up the stairs to my room.

Closing my door and leaning on it, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, phew.

But soon my victory dance is interrupted by someone knocking on my door, talked too fast?

"Adriana, I know that you're here, open the door or I'm breaking it down, I'm counting to three" He pauses before starting again "1...2..." And before he breaks my door I open it and Ashton falls on me.

"Ouch, get of off me!!" I yell pushing him off.

"Relax!" He raises his hands up in surrender before jumping on my bed.

"What do you want Ashton?" I sigh getting straight to the point.

"Come sit and I'll tell you" He crosses his arms on his chest.

"Fine" I scoff and sit on my bed leaning against the headboard.

"Jace is heartbroken Adriana" He says.

Only these 4 words broke my heart, a little.

"Why?" The word slipped out of my mouth, Oups busted.

"Because- wait, why do you care?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"I- I don't, it's just...hum, Ugh shut up!" My face is flushed by now.

"Wait, do you- no that's not, Adriana" He pauses "Do you like Jace?" He questions me.

"WHAT?! No that's absurd! Pffff" Could I be more obvious than this?

"YES YOU DO!!!" He shouts and I shush him.

"Hush Ashton! Do you want the entire neighborhood to hear you!?" I scold him.

"Why am I not furious about this?! My sister likes my best friend, and my best friend likes my sister-" I cut him off "Wait what did you just say?"

"What, no, I uh, I didn't say anything" He raises his hands up in surrender.

"Does jerk face like me?" I ask him a little too curious for my liking.

"Yes?" His answer turns out more like a question.

"Are you sure? Wait how do you even know?" I ask again.

"Well smart-ass, that's what I wanted to talk to you about! Jace is heartbroken, because of you! He blames himself for whatever happened in the past! He doesn't know what he did, and it's killing him, he hates to see you in pain, that's why I don't have a problem with him liking you, because he cares about you so much Adriana, every time you two have a heated moment, and he would try to kiss you, you just back away and leave, he wants to make things better to you, but how can he if you don't want to give him a chance? If you don't like him, don't lead him on Adriana." Ashton finishes.

So many things are running through my mind, Jerk face is heartbroken because of me?

He likes me? Wait- hold on a second!

"How do you know about our heated moments Ashton?!" I widen my eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh please Adriana! I would always see you too, even when you straddled his lap, I saw that, I did take a week or two to heal my eyes from what I saw and refrained myself from beating up Jace, but every now and then, I would catch the two of you without saying anything, even when you were in the infirmary, I saw him close to you, I didn't let him kiss you, because I saw how unsure you were, but every time he's in the room, you would be in some sort of trance, like you don't know what's going on around you, that's how I found out that you like Jace, and for him, well he has never been discreet with his feelings so it was easy to tell" He shrugs his shoulder like what he has just told me was normal.

"Wow, I'm shocked and embarrassed" I start "I need to confess something too you know. I'm thinking about giving him a second chance, not as a friend this time, a little bit more, but I just needed time to be sure that he likes me, and after confessing to myself and accepting the fact that I like him now again, well I needed sometime to process that, I'm not scared anymore Ashton, as you said, every time he would try to kiss me, I would back away, because I would be scared to let my feelings back, to put down my walls, to accept him back in my life, to like him, I was scared of getting hurt by him again, I really liked him a lot and he hurt me, real bad, I took a long time to heal, until today, he was the first guy I have ever liked, after that, he would constantly bully me, and talk rudely to me, I would've told you about all that, but I knew how protective you were, you wouldn't have wasted a second to punch him for hurting me, so I kept quiet." I pause "I'm ready now to give him a chance, I want to believe that he changed for the best not the worst, hoping I'm right." I finish.

"Well, about the bully part, you're right I would've kicked him out, but apart from that, I'm happy that you're over this fear, do you know what you're gonna do now?" He asks.

"Well, now I want to get to know him, this jerk face, not the old one, I want to see if he has actually changed, and if he did, well I guess that he would be worth it, and after trusting him, I will tell him about our past, and then, his reaction will be the main character, I will determine if he's worth or not to give a shot." I finish.

"I'm so proud of you Adriana." Ashton says before hugging me tightly.

"How long is 'trusting him' gonna take?" He asks again before pulling away.

"As long as it needs, I want to take my time, I don't want to rush anything with him" She clarifies.

"Okay, oh and I forgot to tell you, tonight Jace's family and ours are going to meet at a restaurant, it's two hours away, and it's very fancy, mom told me to tell you, to dress up" He finishes before leaving my room and shutting the door.

What shocked me the most is that mom is actually gonna be here.

What stressed me the most is seeing jerk face, is he still mad at me? Is he gonna give the cold shoulder just like before? Well Ashton did tell me that I broke his heart, so I'm sure that I'm the last person he wants to see.

I hope that tonight will go well.