CHAPTER 18

Tuesday afternoon (same day),

Adriana's pov

I have spent the whole day in my room thinking about what Kayla said about jerk face 'liking me'

I don't know if it's true, but I don't care, I got my heartbroken when I made the mistake to like him, now he'll understand how I felt.

It was now 11 pm, I haven't gone out of my room the whole day, I didn't want to see anyone, especially jerk face, so I locked myself in my room.

I won't be doing that for the entire week, I want to enjoy my holiday, you don't get a chance to skip school for an entire week everyday, so here I am sneaking out of the house to go swimming.

I leave my room making sure to close the door gently, I go down the stairs quickly and run towards the front door, I sigh with relief when I leave the house, I put my towel on the floor and undress before sprinting towards the water.

The water is warm, just how I like it.

After my late night swim, I get out of the water, and sit on the sand wrapped in my towel, it's very peaceful here, no one to bother me, just me and the sea.

"What should I do?" I question myself sighing.

"About what" Says someone behind me.

I don't even bother to turn around, I'm way too busy thinking.

"Are you okay?" The person says as they sit next to me.

I look to my side and see jerk face who's already looking at me "What are you doing here?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"I could ask you the same thing" He replies playfully.

"I'm not in the mood" I say getting up to leave, but jerk face grabs my forearm and turns me to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly.

"Nothing, leave me alone" I say harshly pulling my arm away from his grip.

"What is wrong with you, why do you keep pushing me away Adriana?!" He shouts stopping me again by stepping in front of me, blocking my way.

"Leave.me.alone!" I say slowly so that he understands, because he clearly isn't!

"Not before you tell me what's going on" He says crossing his arm on his chest.

"Do you want to know what's going on?!" I yell tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes! What is going on Adriana?" He answers.

"You" I say and run to the house, leaving him confused.

The next day,

Jace's pov

All night I couldn't sleep, I am the problem, Adriana is not even enjoying her holidays because of me, what did I do? I wish I knew, at least I would've tried to make it up to her.

I got up from bed, took a quick shower in the guest bathroom and then walked downstairs to the kitchen.

"Am I smelling pancakes?" I say enthusiastically.

"Yes, yes you are" Ashton answers.

"Ashton, are you cooking?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah why?" He questions confused.

"Hum, hold on, I have to do something" I say before rushing out of the kitchen and sprinting upstairs to everybody's bedroom, but weirdly no one was here.