CHAPTER 39

Adriana's pov

Monday morning

After Friday's events, we came back home Saturday morning and I haven't seen or talked to jerk face.

Now it's Monday, and since there was a little problem with the r&j play, the teachers didn't pick who was gonna play what in Romeo and Juliet.

Mr Binney class and ours are gonna work together today, they're gonna choose TODAY, who's playing who.

I didn't want to be part of this in the beginning.

But since I don't have a choice, I'm gonna have to play my part, I hope I get to play the tree in the background.

"Nervous?" Kayla asks me.

"Yup" I answer vaguely.

"You're gonna be fine Adriana" She comforts me.

"Kayla, I might play Juliet, and I'm gonna have to kiss some stranger, so no, I'm not gonna be fine" I huff rolling my eyes.

"Well, did you think about how you might NOT be Juliet?" She asks me again.

"Not really and I'm not intending on doing so" I clarify.

"Let's get to class now" She says as she parks the car in the school's parking lot.

We both decide to meet at lunch, and after that we go in different directions to our classes.

You don't even have to ask, yes I am late.

I knock on the door and enter the classroom, Mr Binney's class is already here, so now more than 50 students are staring at me "What are you looking at?! I'm not a touristic attraction, move on" I huff rolling my eyes.

"Adriana, what a pleasure to have you here" My teacher says sarcastically.

"My pleasure" I put on my fakest smile ever, before sitting down in my usual seat.

"Where were you?!" Ashton whisper-yells at me.

"I was feeding our neighbor's dog" I joke.

"I'm not joking Adriana" He says through gritted teeth.

"I was at home Ashton, where did you expect me to be?" I answer annoyed.

"Well why weren't you here on time?" He questions me.

"I'm never early to class Ashton, but you wouldn't know that since we don't share any common class" I tell him.

"Well, from now until 4 weeks, I'm going to be sharing this class with you, and you better be there on time." He warns me.

"Sure" I give him a sweet smile.

If he actually thinks that I'm gonna listen to him he's so wrong, I'm not an early person, and I'm not intending on changing that anytime soon, take it or leave it, he should be glad that I even bother to come to school instead of scolding me.

"Mr Binney and I have chosen who's going to play who" My teacher starts getting the class's full attention "The person who's going to play Tybalt is Ashton Jones, Mercutio shall be Aaron Walmart, Juliet's nurse shall be Adriana Jones, Benvolio shall be Kyle, Rosaline shall be Candice Bells..." And the list goes on and on for a good 30 minutes.

All this stress has been lifted off my shoulders!! I won't be Juliet!! I would rather be a tree than be the main lead character, especially since they have the longest scripts.

"...Juliet will be Amanda Michelson and Romeo will be Jace Martinez" The teacher finishes and all of the class gasps excluding me.

Amanda was jerk face's longest girlfriend, he has the reputation of a bad boy, a new girl every new day, and Amanda has been trying so hard to get his attention so bad ever since they broke up, and now they HAVE TO DO THE KISSING SCENE!!! I'm not even jealous of that, I just want to laugh in jerk face's face HAHAHAHAHAHAH.