CHAPTER 4

Wednesday morning

Adriana's pov

Kayla: 8:15: Hey girl where are you???

Kayla: 8:25: Adri! Get your ass out here, now!

Kayla: 8:30: I am coming to get you!

"Adriana! Wake up!" Kayla yells.

"Whattttt!" I groan under my pillow.

"It is 8h30 we are going to be late, now get up and go get ready!" She adds.

I hate school.

I get up, take a quick shower, and change into a light blue dress, no makeup today.

10 minutes later, we're already in the school's parking lot.

"Sorry Kay, if we were about to be late because of me" I say.

"It's okay, but try not to be late again" She tells me.

It's so weird, the hallways are empty, they should be full of wild students right now.

"Oh no!" I shout, my voice echoing in the hallways.

"What's going on?" Kayla asks turning towards me.

"I told you we shouldn't stop at Starbucks, it's 9h30, we are 30 minutes late!!" I say putting my hand on my forehead.

"Well, you were the one who woke up late" She shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah you're right, it's not your fault, sorry Kay, let's just go to class there are still 15 minutes left I think." I tell her.

"Yeah, let's go bestie" she replies, putting her hand around my shoulder.

We arrive in front of the class, and everyone turns their gazes towards us.

I notice jerk face looking out the window, his leg bouncing up and down, I think he is stressed.

"Well" the teacher pauses "You are late, again, Adriana and Kayla" She says in an annoyed tone.

Jerk face seemed relieved, I noticed him looking at me, his leg stopped bouncing. He is so weird.

We sit down in the front of the class, not my favorite spot, but jerk face took mine.

~10 minutes later~

Maths class is finally over, I feel like these were the longest 10 minutes of my life.

I was leaving the class, when someone grabbed me by my arm into an empty class, I turn around and see jerk face.

"What do you want jerk face" I say irritated.

"Where were you this morning?" He asks.

"I was with Kayla?" My answer turned out more like a question.

"I know that but where?" Bro, what is wrong with this guy?

"And why do you care?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I don't-" I cut him off "Okay then, I can leave" I say grabbing my stuff and leaving.

This guy is so weird, why does he care that much, we stopped talking a long time ago, why is he talking to me now??

~At lunch~

Finally it's time to eat, I am so hungry, I buy my food and go sit with Kayla and Sophia.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I ask.

"There is a party tonight!!" Kayla answers excitedly.

"Kayla I-" She cuts me off "You are coming! Sophia can't go she has a family dinner and I can't go by myself"