CHAPTER 33

Friday morning

Adriana's pov

When jerk face brought me home last night, nothing really happened, I was too tired so I just went to sleep, and now here I am waiting for Kayla to come get me.

"Morning" Ashton says as he enters the living room.

"Hey" I answer looking up from my phone.

"You didn't tell me what happened last night with Jace" Ashton points out.

"Hum yeah, I was tired so I just went to sleep" I tell him.

"Well, I'm here now, what happened?" He asks me.

What am I supposed to say now?

'Oh nothing really happened, me and your best friend were about to kiss, and it's not the first time that it happens, actually one time, I was also straddling his lap, but you know, just the usual'

I'm very funny, ha.

"Adriana?" Ashton asks bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, hum, nothing really happened we just talked I guess" The 'I guess' is the realest part in my sentence.

"Okay?" He answers but it turns out more like a question.

"Oh look I gotta go, Kayla's here" I rush and leave the house.

Well technically I wasn't lying, Kayla was actually waiting for me, saved by the bell, or should I say by Kayla?

Oh no. I still need to tell her what happened with jerk face yesterday, well, this car ride is gonna be fun, for you maybe, but definitely not for me.

"Hey" I sigh as I sit on the passenger seat.

"You okay Adriana?" Kayla asks worry written over her face.

"Nothing is okay Kayla! I'm so sick of jerk face! I don't know what's going on with me, but I'm constantly thinking about him! I always want to be near him! I can't stay mad at him nor keep my distances! Yesterday we were about to kiss AGAIN! I was conscious about my actions and how I would feel afterwards so I backed away, I saw how hurt he was when I told him that we are just friends! But it hurted me so much! I don't understand what's happening to me! I'm getting attached to him Kayla, and it's growing bigger and bigger everyday! And I'm scared! Scared of hurting myself, I'm scared" I finish and now tears were streaming down my face.

I collapsed into Kayla's arms, she stroked my hair to calm me down while I cried and cried harder.

"Oh Adri, I don't know what to say, I get that you're scared and that you're afraid of getting hurt, but doing what is easy is no way to live, and life without passion and love is so far beneath what you deserve, don't hold yourself back because you're afraid or because you've been hurt, acknowledge your fear, accept it, and walk through it with confidence, everyone is going to hurt you in some point in your life. It is up to you to figure out who is worth suffering for, Adriana, you're getting attached to jerk face, accept it, don't reject it, it will hurt you even more, your feelings are coming back day after day, and don't, try to deny it, it's okay to love, and it is up to you to figure out who is worth suffering for, don't deny your feelings you will hurt yourself and him on the way, the past is in the past, yes, I don't mean to forget everything he did, you already forgave him, which is good btw, but you can't keep thinking about the past everyday, what happened, happened, you need to move on Adriana, maybe this time you won't regret it, talk to him about it, you'll feel better." Kayla finishes.

Kayla words stood out to me, are my feeling coming back? Do I actually like him? Should I stop bringing up the past and move on? And most importantly, should I give jerk face another chance?