CHAPTER 34

Jace's pov

Anger and hurt.

That's all I could feel right now when my eyes met hers in the cafeteria.

She looked beautiful as always, breathtaking should I say. After the other night, I have been giving her the cold shoulder, she's rejecting me, and I don't want that, but I can't force her to like me, it's better if I take my distances with her so that I don't get hurt anymore.

She stared at me unconsciously, she looked like she was deep in thoughts, I continued to stare at her, and my facial expression turned into confusion and worry when I saw her eyes welling up with tears, she came back to her senses, and noticed that I saw her tears, she took her stuff and left the cafeteria.

Something's off, I need to see why she's crying, the urge to hug her and tell her that everything is gonna be fine is growing more and more.

I get up from my seat, and follow Adriana, once I'm out of the cafeteria, I look at my left then my right to see where she went, I saw her walking outside the school, did she notice that it was raining outside?

It was like everything was going in fast-motion, in a snap she fell to the floor, I shouted her name and ran down the hallway as fast as I could, what just happened?!?!?!

Once outside the school, I scooped her in my arms and took her to the infirmary, by now lunch break was over, so everyone was staring at us like we've just grown two heads, as I was running down the hallway with her in my arms, I saw Ashton, and when he noticed his sister in my arms, fear, worry, pain and hurt came across his face "ADRIANA! WHAT HAPPENED JACE?!" He yells at my face.

"I'll tell you later, we need to get her to the infirmary" I answer him and he nods his head.

-----------------

"What's wrong with her?!" I ask worriedly.

"Adriana here has been overthinking too much, as you told me, she was standing outside in the rain, which gave her a cold, and with the stress and overwhelm, her brain just snapped, she is fine now, she needs to rest tho, we need to wait until she wakes up so see how she feels" The nurse says before leaving the room, I mutter a 'thank you' before turning my attention to her.

"Why have you been overthinking baby? Don't ever do this again, I can't lose you, not again" I whisper kissing her forehead my voice breaking.

I quickly pulled away when I heard Ashton's voice coming in the room.

"I just talked to the nurse, explain" He grits out crossing his arms on his chest.

I'm glad that Adriana has a protective brother like Ashton, especially a very strong one, since he's my right-hand man at work, he's the second strongest in my mafia.

"In the cafeteria, I looked over at Adriana, and saw her eyes welling up with tears, she noticed me looking at her, so she quickly took her stuff and left, at this moment I knew that something was off with her, thank God I went looking after her, when I left the cafeteria, I saw her standing outside in the rain, I was confused at first, but then I heard her loud cries and she then fell to the floor, I took her in my arms, and that's when I saw you. Ashton, Adriana's hurting, I can't see her like this, what's wrong with her, I can't shake this feeling that I have a part in this, like she's hurting because of me, please tell me what's wrong" I whisper the last part my voice breaking even more as I felt something cold hit my cheek, a tear, something I haven't experienced since I was 13.

Ashton looked at me sadness washing over his face "I really want to tell you what's wrong, but I can't, this is a very sensitive topic for Adriana, if someone has to tell you it must be Adriana, I know that you don't like seeing her like this, neither do I, but she'll be very mad at me, like she will really never talk to me again, we've made a deal, remember? When you'll tell her about our secret, she'll tell you hers, and what part you have in it, but for know I can't do nothing, sorry" He finishes.

Well not that it makes anything better, but at least now I know that I have a part in this story, and something's telling me that I have a big part in it.

Adriana's pov

I woke up feeling dizzy and uneasy, my head is pounding against my skull making my vision blurry "Ashton?" I manage to whisper.

"Adriana?! I'm here, how are you feeling?! Are you okay?! What happened to you?! A-" I cut him off "Ashton shut the f**k up, I don't want to talk, I just want to go back home" I say as my vision comes back to normal and my voice too.

He sighs running a hand in his hair "Fine, I'll go ask the nurse" He says before leaving the room.

I hear someone clearing their throat making me look at them "Oh hey, I didn't see you" I tell jerk face who's watching closely my every move.

"What happened?" He asks wasting no time.

"What do you mean?" I act like I'm oblivious even though I clearly know what he's talking about.

"Don't play that game with me Adriana" He said harshly, grabbing my chin, making me look up into his beautiful dark green eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I look away, trying not to get lost in those beautiful eyes of his.

"Well then look at me and say that again" He tightens his grip on my chin, causing butterflies to burst in my stomach.

I look up and soon his mesmerizing eyes meet mine, we stare at each other for what feels like an eternity before I whisper unconsciously "What are you doing to me jerk face?" I close my eyes resting my forehead on his, and sigh at our closeness, I can feel him tense at my words "Look at me Adriana" and I do so again "Tell me, what am I doing to you?" He whispers in a low voice making me shiver, his eyes full of hunger lust and love.

Before I get to say anything we both bolt away from each other when we hear the door opening "I'm back guys" Ashton's voice echoes through the room.

"What's up? You both look like you've just seen a ghost" He questions raising his eyebrow in confusion.

"Nothing" Jerk face and I both say at the same time.

"Okay? Anyways the nurse said that you're free to go Adriana" Ashton cheers before hugging me tightly and before pulling away he whispers in my ear "Once we're back home, you and I are gonna talk, and I'm not taking no as an answer" He clarifies and pulls away leaving me speechless.

What did Ashton want to talk about??

Wait I'm leaving the most important part....

WHAT JUST HAPPENED WITH JERK FACE?!

UGH WHY CAN'T I JUST STAY AWAY FROM HIM?!

I like him that's why, and this time, I won't be backing away and pulling up my walls, he hurt me in the past, it doesn't have to be the same right now, he changed and so did I, instead of just seeing bad in him, I need to me optimistic.

I don't know if he feels the same way about me, but I could try, I will try and get closer to him, and then once I find the right moment to tell him about everything, our past, I will, but for now I need to take my time, I just accepted the fact that I like him again, and I'm not freaking out, so I just need time to breathe after that confession to myself.

And then, we'll see what's gonna happen I guess.

-----------------

Sorry for not posting in awhile! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :)