CHAPTER3

Tuesday morning

Adriana's pov

I woke up early today, school doesn't start before 9am and it's currently 7h30, it's still a little dark outside but not much, I tried to get back to sleep but my brain doesn't want to, great.

So instead of trying and failing, I decided to go take a shower, my knee still hurts since yesterday, I can't stop thinking about what I saw on jerk face, guilt, something he had never felt before, to my knowledge.

I am probably delusional.

At least today I can take a long shower.

Once I'm done, I change into my today's outfit, a baggy hoodie and a short skirt.

I do my make up and I put my hair up in a messy bun.

It was already 8h40, I spent more than 25 minutes in the bathroom, wow.

I call Kayla to see if she's coming to pick me up but she can't she will be coming late to school, because she has a dentist appointment.

Great now I have two options.

Number 1: go to school with my brother, but jerk face is going to be with him, and I don't really want to see him after yesterday, seriously?, who am I kidding, I never want to see his face.

Number 2: walk 20 minutes.

I don't really want to walk so I guess I will have to go with my brother, and besides, my knee still hurts so I can't walk for this long.

"Ashton" I yell coming down the stairs, "can you drive me to school today?" I ask him.

"Aren't you going with Kayla?" does he have to answer my question by a question.

"Think a little bit, if I was going with Kayla why would I ask you for a ride?" I tell him hands on my hips.

"Fine, but Jace is going to be here and I don't want you two arguing, and what happened to your knee?" I feel like I'm being interrogated by my own brother.

"Ask jerk face I'm sure he'll tell you" I say sarcastically, I am sure that jerk face is going to blame all of this on me.

I start walking towards the car when my brother stops me.

"We are going to be late if we don't leave now" I tell him.

"Why didn't you answer yesterday?" He asks curiously.

"I don't understand" I do understand.

"Stop lying, why don't you call Jace by his first name? I have never heard you say his name before" He adds.

Before I try to save myself with some lame excuse, jerk face enters the living room and looks between me and Ashton.

"Am I interrupting some brother sister talk?" He asks.