CHAPTER 36

Adriana's pov

Friday night

From Kayla to Adriana: I'm here!! It's freezing outside open up!

From Adriana to Kayla: Coming!

Let me rewind a little to explain the current situation:

Few hours ago

"Adriana, tonight Jace's family and ours are going to a restaurant, it's two hours away, and it's fancy, mom wanted me to tell you to dress up" Ashton says before leaving my room and shutting it.

What shocked me the most is that mom is actually gonna be here.

What stressed me the most is seeing jerk face, is he still mad at me? Is he gonna give the cold shoulder just like before? Well Ashton did tell me that I broke his heart, so I'm sure that I'm the last person he wants to see.

I hope that tonight will go well.

The entire afternoon, I didn't do anything special, I just watched divergent for the 100th time, shaved and baked some cookies, did you expect me to watch an amazing movie without an amazing snack? Not really.

After that, I decided to go take a shower to get clean from all of the flour in my hair, and possibly chocolate all over my face.

Once I was done, I took my phone from my nightstand and texted Kayla to come help me out to pick out an outfit for tonight, I wanted to look even prettier, yes, I'll admit it, I want to look even better than usual for jerk face, and when I admitted that to Kayla she called me only to scream in excitement, she almost broke my eardrum because of her screaming, it still hurts till now.

I told her everything since last week, I haven't seen her much, so I kinda updated her, how her words affected me, and I put this fear behind me, how I fainted outside school and jerk face carried me to the infirmary, Ashton's and I's talk, anyways, we talked for an hour before hanging up, and now she's here, in exactly one hour, mom is coming back from work and she will directly pick us up to go to the restaurant, she is getting ready at work, she doesn't even have time to come back home, I'm still seething with anger till now, she has time to go to a fancy dinner but not to spend time with her kids.

End of flashback.

"Hey" I say as I open the door wide for Kayla to enter.

"Hello Adri" She greets me and wastes no time to walk up the stairs to my room.

"Wasting no time I see" I joke as I shut my bedroom door.

"You have" She checks the time on her phone "Exactly 60 minutes to get ready."

"Well that's plenty of time" I tell her.

"Not for me, I take my time, that's called art" She answers.

"Fine" I roll my eyes at her before sitting on the bed.

One hour later, Kayla puts down her makeup brush and grin at me.

"What?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

"Jerk face is gonna be drooling when he sees you, you look hot" She teases me.

I walk towards my mirror and look at my hair, my hair is looks stunning, it's curled, the waves are falling on my shoulders beautifully.