CHAPTER 27

Wednesday afternoon(The same day)

Adriana's pov

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Kayla yells at me in disbelief.

"I-" She cuts me off "He has been a complete jerk to you since you guys were kids and now you forgive him?!" She adds.

"I didn't-" She cuts me off again "Did you forget how heartbroken you were?! You are my bestie I have to look after you Adri!" She continues.

"Kay-" AGAIN "I'm just worried that you'll get way too attached to him only to go through the same thing again!" She finishes.

"Kayla shut up and let me speak!" I yell frustrated.

"Fine" She huffs crossing her arms on her chest.

"I just want you and Sophia to know that I did not forgive him, I did say that I gave him another chance but forgiving him completely is going to take me some time, I know that you guys care for me and you don't want me to be heartbroken again, but I'm tired of hating him, this hatred won't get me anywhere since he's always here, and I got over my feelings for him a long time ago, we are just friends, nothing more nothing less." I explain.

"Adriana" Sophia sighs "Look you know that we care for you, and that's why we're telling you that's a bad idea, when you're friends with someone it's normal to get attached to them, otherwise you'd be a fake friend, but that's not the point, the point is that whether you like or not being friends with jerk face is going to make you attached to him, we know that you got over your feelings at long time ago, but who said that they won't come back?" Sophia says.

"Yes Adriana, what Sophia said is true, we just don't want to see you hurt again, you've been through a lot this year, you don't need another layer of them, just think about it carefully, jerk face is not the best guy we know." Kayla replies.

"Guys I cannot tell him 'you know what I just thought of it, and I don't want to be your friend' this is just mean, even for jerk face, look I'll be careful okay? But we are just friends" I clarify.

"As you want Adriana, but be careful and don't let him in too much" Sophia says and Kayla nods.

"You won't be just 'friends', boy and girl friendship isn't real, one of you will fall for each other, oh no I forgot, jerk face already likes you" Kayla teases wiggling her eyebrows.

"He doesn't like me that way, I'm like a sister to him, and besides I won't be able to forget any of the things he has done to me in the past, all the rude talking and bullying, you may say that he did it for a reason, but whatever reason he may have had, it won't change my point of view on how bad he treated me" I say.

"Yet you're giving him another chance" Sophia says.

"I am, but only as a friend, hating him won't lead me anywhere." I tell them.

"Well if he hurts you, I'll deal with him" Kayla says cracking her knuckles making Sophia and I chuckle.

Whatever reason you had jerk face, I will not be like 'oh it makes sense that you treated me like that because....', I will give you another chance, but I will not be as cheerful as I was in the past.

"What do you think Adri?" Kayla asks bringing me back to reality.

"What?" I ask confused.

Kayla sighs "We were wondering if you wanted to have a girls night, tonight"

"Oh yeah sure, when, where and what should I wear?" I ask them.

"So we thought why not go to the movies tonight, you, me, Sophia, Ashton and jerk face." Kayla adds.