CHAPTER 21

Friday morning (The same day)

Adriana's pov

"Adriana! Lunch is ready!" My mom yells from the kitchen, great now I have to have lunch with jerk face, I will say it again, if it wasn't for Ashton I would've beaten him and kicked him out of my house.

I walk down the stairs and head to the dining room to see everyone already eating "Thanks for waiting for me" I say sarcastically.

"Your mom's food is way too good, I couldn't wait" Kayla moans.

"Kayla! You are disgusting, stop making these noises!" I yell at her in disgust "Suddenly I'm not so hungry anymore" I add.

"Great there's more for me then" She smiles.

"Ha ha, I was just joking, I'm definitely not giving you my mom's food so easily" I stick my tongue out at her.

"Are we eating with 18 years old or 5 years old?" Sophia asks.

"Whatever" I mumble as I sit down next to Ashton.

After lunch we all decided to go to the mall "I'm driving then" I say as I take my car keys.

"Okay, let's go" Ashton says clapping his hands.

"Huh, Ashton can I talk to you for a sec, in private" I tell him.

"Sure" He answers.

We walk up the stairs heading to my room, and once we're there, I make sure to shut the door and say "It's about jerk face"

"What about him?" Ashton asks raising his eyebrow.

"Ashton, I don't want him to come, I don't want to see him, ever." I say crossing my arms on my chest.

"Adriana I'm mad at him too-" I cut him off "Great he doesn't have to come then, there's no reason for him to be with us, you're mad at him and you're his only friend so it's all settled." I finish.

I go downstairs, not caring about what Ashton says "Leave" I say to jerk face.

"What?" He asks confused.

"Ashton is mad at you and he's your only friend here, so leave, you have no reason to be here" I say crossing my arms on my chest.

"Sorry Jace but, Adriana doesn't want you here, I'll talk to you later" Ashton answers.

"It's okay, I have to go anyway, it's for" Jerk face gives Ashton the 'you know what I mean' look.

"It's for what?" I ask curiously.

"Oh now you want to talk to me" Jerk face adds.

"Who said I was talking to you, I was asking Ashton, a**hole" I say confidently.

"Well it's none of your business" He says rudely.

"Well, talking about it where I can hear makes it my business" I say harshly.

"You should really mind your own business" He repeats.

"And why would I do that?" I answer coldly.

"Okay that's enough of business, just go Jace we'll talk later." Ashton says releasing the tension.

I'm not gonna lie, I honestly ateee. Always have this attitude, you should show them who's the boss here, confidence guys, confidence.

After jerk face left, Ashton and I walked to my car, Kayla and Sophia were waiting outside, they get in the car and before I do so, Ashton grabs my arm turning me to face him "Adriana, I know that you're mad but don't push it too much" He warns.

"Why can't I push it? He deserves it" I huff crossing my arms on my chest.

"I know that Jace cares about you, but you shouldn't play with his patience" Ashton says.

"Why it's not like he's a killer" I say sarcastically and Ashton doesn't answer.

"Ashton?" I ask worriedly.

"No Adriana he is not a killer" Ashton answers.

Ashton's pov

"No Adriana he is not a killer" I say trying to act as normal as I can.

Jace is the strongest and most feared mafia leader on earth, so he is a killer, but he only kills bad people not innocent ones.

But what I said was true, Adriana shouldn't play with Jace's patience, he might like her, but he can get mad easily, I know that he tries to control his anger, because at work he is ALWAYS mad and frustrated, this is all an act, Jace acts nice in front of everyone, because he has to, but when we're talking about work, he is the cold, harsh, mean, serious, ruthless and way more.

But I'm glad that he's my best friend, because at work he's not cold with me, in private of course, in public he has to show no emotions.

But I am also part of his mafia... I am his most trusted man, I go on missions with him, drug deals and more, BUT we don't do human traffic, we only do drug and weapon deals.

Mom and dad weren't happy at first when I told them that I want to work with Jace in the mafia, they didn't accept because it's too dangerous.

But at the end they accepted, I was never injured, maybe once when we were younger but it wasn't serious, we were on a mission to stop a Russian human trafficking, but when I was shooting at someone, they shot me first in the shoulder, thankfully Jace found me and helped me, I stayed at the mansion for a week, I had to lie to Adriana telling her that I was staying at Jace's but it was true, kinda, and yes Jace's real house is a mansion, he bought another one to act normal, what would Adriana think if she saw his real house, 'how did he afford it?' so yeah that's what I do, me and Jace are in the mafia, his mafia.

We came back from the mall and honestly I was exhausted, I jump on my bed and hear my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I say through the phone.

"Come to the warehouse Ash, we have a mission" Jace says seriously.

"Coming" I say rushing out of the house.

You probably have a lot of questions BUT Adriana is not stronger than me, you the day she punched me in the cafeteria, I couldn't defend myself, hurting my sister, never.

So I decided to do nothing, but Adriana is strong, she would be good in Jace's mafia, but he would never accept, me neither.

I have been training with Jace since we're young, shooting, throwing knives etc.

I like my job, but I wish that I could tell Adriana, what if she finds out one day? She would be furious. 

___________________________________

Sorry guys for not updating in a while! School started this monday and it's a lot of pressure, I hope you don't mind, anyways, have a great day/night! :)