CHAPTER 1

Monday morning

Adriana's pov

Beep

Beep

Beep

Be-

"Agggggh" I groan under my pillow.

I hate Mondays.

"Come on sweetie, get up from bed, you and Ashton are going to be late for school" My mom yells behind my door.

"Okay!" I yell back.

I get up from bed, and make my way towards the bathroom.

Wow.

I look terrifying, my hair is very messy, I have huge eye-bags and I smell like Doritos.

Seriously Netflix, I thought you were on my side.

I hop right into the shower, the hot water going down on my body made every single muscle relax.

Once I'm done, I put my hair up in a messy bun, apply some mascara and gloss, and change into a white crop top and ripped jeans.

If you are wondering, I am not a nerd, I do get good grade and I do study a lot but it's definitely not something I enjoy doing.

I am popular, and I like my style, I love everyone, and everyone loves me I guess, I am not the type of mean popular girl you find in cliché movies, and I am definitely not like those kinda slutty girls who barely wear anything to cover their intimates parts just to get the boys attention.

~10 minutes later~

"Bye mom have a great day too!" I shout as I leave the house.

Kayla was waiting for me in her car.

"What's up Kay!" I tell her.

"Hello Adri!" She answers. As much as I hate this nickname I got used to it, besides, Kayla is too stubborn to stop.

"I brought us Starbucks on my way," she said grabbing the drinks that were in the back seat.

"This is why I love you" I mumble to myself.

"I heard you" She says putting her hands on her forehead dramatically.

"You know that I'm joking Kay" I say sipping from my drink.

After 5 minutes of driving we finally made it to school, I hate Mondays.

"See ya at lunch Adri" Kayla says waving at me.

"See ya" I reply as I make my way towards my first class, maths even better. I was being sarcastic if you didn't get it.

Opening the door, everyone turns to look at me including the teacher.

"Why are you late again Adriana?" Why can't we call teachers by their first names? They call us by our first name but if we do they say it's disrespectful. This is so unfair.

"I missed the bus" Did I have to embarrass myself like that?

She shook her head in disappointment, I mean I didn't expect her to believe this excuse, besides everyone knows that I come to school with Kayla.

I spot an empty seat a the back of the class next to the window, I don't know why but this is my favorite spot, because if I get bored of the teacher talking for an hour without shutting her mouth, at least I have the pretty view from outside that can distract me.

~At lunch~

I make my way towards the cafeteria, and notice Kayla waving at me, I grab my food and go sit next to her and Sophia.

We all knew each other since kindergarten, but Kayla and I are more closer.

We all know the difference between Bestie and best-friend.

"Heyy!" I say enthusiastically.

"Let me eat from you're pizza" Kayla asks.

"It's nice to see you too" I sit down and start eating my pizza.

"So what's new??" Kayla asks turning towards Sophia and so do I.

Sophia is the one who knows all the new gossip from in our high school, without her we would be out of the loop.

"Apparently Jace Martinez and Amanda Michelson broke up yesterday." Sophia says.

Kayla and I weren't shocked, she knows everything that happened you can basically say that she lives at my house she even has a key.

When we were young I used to have a small crush on Jerk face, because he was, and he is always at our house, I was so used to see him that I grew feelings for him, but now we don't really talk to each other anymore, I don't really know why, we were good friends and then the next day, he started bothering me in all possible ways, and talked rudely towards me, so since that day, we stopped talking to each other, so I was only able to grow hate towards him, not only because he was a total dickwad, but also because he started sleeping around with all of the girls at my school, and I thought it was unfair because the next day he would totally forget their names, but weirdly Amanda lasted the longest, 2 weeks.

"Yeah, we all knew that it would happen" Kayla says, I think that Kay and I are the only ones who didn't sleep with him, this jerk even got Sophia in bed, and guess what, he forgot about her the next day, so I started hating him more.

"Yeah, that's true, I just don't understand why girls decide to sleep with him although they know what the consequences will be, no offense Sophia" I say.

"None taken, I was drunk so I wasn't really aware of what was going on" She answers.

Even if I drank a whole bottle of alcohol, I would never sleep with this jerk.

"Anyways, let's just stop talking about this guy, besides, are you still coming tonight girls?" I ask changing the subject.

"Yeah, we will get snacks on our way" Kayla says.

"Okay and I will buy pizza" I pause "Oh and I hope you don't mind but tonight the boys are coming over it's their 'boy's night' "I add.

"Yeah, it's okay as long as jerk face stays 10 miles away from us we will be fine." Sophia says.

We all laugh.

The 'popular boys' aka my brother's squad, always come over every Friday night to hang out with each other, they choose randomly whose house are they going to, and today it happens to be our house.

I actually love the boys, they are not a cliché popular high-school group of bad boys, they are actually really sweet, but there is only one that I don't really like, Jerk face.

Let's just hope that tonight goes well.

I don't usually hang out with the boys, I just stay in my bedroom when they are at our house, but tonight the girls are coming over for our sleepover so I just hope that everything will go fine.

************

Hey guys!
I hope you're doing great!
This is the first chapter of my brother's best friend (mafia edition) so I hope you like it!
Love y'all!