CHAPTER 13

Friday afternoon,

Adriana's pov

"Hey Anna, what can I get you today?" Maddie loves to call me Anna, just remove the Adri from my name and voila.

"Hum, I will have a cookies and cream milkshake with a cheese and ham sandwich please" I tell her my order.

"Weird combination, I will go get your order, and then we'll talk" She says before leaving.

While waiting for Maddie to come back, I decide to take a short nap, I put my arms on the table and fall asleep on it as if it were some kind of pillow.

As time passes quickly, I wake up from my nap, I look around me and see that I am still on my table and that the restaurant is empty.

For how long have I slept?

"Maddie? Are you here?" I yell through this very creepy silence.

"Adriana, you're finally awake, let's go sit" She gestures for me to go sit with her.

"What time is it? Where is everyone? Where is my food? Why didn't you wake me up? For how long have I slept?" I question Maddie.

"Wow calm down, to answer your questions, it's 11 pm, I am shocked that you slept this long, you came here around 3 or 4 pm maybe, this shows that you haven't been sleeping. What is going on? I am worried about you." She asks her voice really worried.

"It's true, I haven't been sleeping well." I sigh leaning back on my seat.

"You can talk to me you know, we have known each other for a long time." She reassures me.

"My parents are getting divorced, Ashton knew but didn't tell me, I moved out and know I am living with jerk face, I haven't been sleeping, because of school too, I go to sleep late, and wake up very early, oh and let's not forget yesterday I fainted because of my family, I had to process way too much informations that my brain couldn't take it and I blacked out" I sigh after letting all of this out.

"Oh Adriana, I'm sorry, I didn't know that you were going through all of this, I would've been there for you, you just didn't tell me" She says sitting next to me and hugging me.

"Thank you Madds, and don't be sorry it's not your fault, thank you for letting me sleep." I thank her.

"To answer your other questions, well the restaurant is closed because it's past 10 pm, I put your food in the microwave when I saw you sleeping, I didn't wake you up because you seemed so peaceful and you needed this sleep, look your dark circles have vanished, and I think that you have been sleeping for 5 hours now if not more. I will go get you your food." She says as she stands up and go behind the counter.

I take my phone out of my pocket, and check my unread messages.

Ashton 100 unread messages. Wow, now this has to be in the record book or whatever it's called.

Kayla 25 unread messages. Thinking about Kayla and Sophia, it has been a while that I haven't seen them, probably since my birthday that was a month ago, honestly I do miss them, but they are the least of my worried right now, not trying to be a hypocrite, my life is just too complicated right now, there are some 'family issues' so that's why I haven't been around them.

Mom 75 unread messages. My family needs to be in a phone messaging contest.

Jerk face 147 unread messages. You know what forget what I said, jerk face beats them all.

Just a little reminder, I ended up in the flying biscuit cafe, because of his rude and annoying ass.

What is taking Maddie so long.