CHAPTER 38

Adriana's pov

Friday night

We kissed, I can't believe it, jerk face and I actually kissed, and he didn't back away on my request, could he possibly like me??

His lips were so addictive, they tasted like mint, I could kiss him all night and never get tired of doing so, he's making it harder for me to push him away, I want more, I need more.

I need to tell him about the past, BUT I'm scared of his reaction, what if he thinks it's stupid? Or if he laughs at me? I'll be heartbroken again I guess, but I'm proud I took this risk, I can't live in fear forever.

Maybe his reaction won't be that bad.

"I hope that we'll see each other soon, have a lovely night" Maribel bids us goodbye and she leaves with her husband.

Jerk face looks at me with concern "Are you alright?" He asks.

"Yeah, let's just go" I answer him.

We take our stuff and leave with Ashton, leaving Isabella on the parking lot alone.

If she actually thought that we were gonna ride back with her she's so wrong.

Jerk face goes to the driver's seat, Ashton claims the passenger one, so that means I'm in the back, alone.

Jerk face starts the car, and drives off "Guys is your mother staying at your house tonight or is she going back to work?" He asks us but his attention was mostly on me, he was staring at me from the rear-view mirror like he was waiting for my response.

"Who knows what goes through that woman's head" I scoff rolling my eyes.

"I'm not sure man, I think she's staying home" Ashton answers.

"Well do you want to spend the night at my house? You're more than welcome" Jerk face suggests.

I look back at him to see him staring at me again, creepy much? My eyes lit-up at his suggestion, and I think he understood that because he had a smile plastered on his face.

"I would love to, thanks" I whisper in his ear, and I can feel him tense at our closeness.

I love this effect I have on him.

"Yeah sure" Ashton answers.

After that, the car ride was comfortably silent, I felt myself drifting off to sleep and soon I was in dreamland.

Where am I?

I just woke up in the middle of the night, clearly not in my room.

But then it hit me, I'm in jerk face's house.

Wait? Does it mean that he carried me upstairs?

Just the thought of him carrying me bridal style brought heat to my face, meh, I'm pretty sure Ashton carried me, but who knows?

I take my phone out from my pocket and check the time, 2:30 AM

Great just great, what is it with this habit of waking up early?! Or in the middle of the night.

I tiptoed downstairs to go to the kitchen, I need water, but then it hit me again, it has been a long time since I've been here, I don't know where the kitchen is, ugh! I just want some WATER.

"Now where is the kitchen?" I ask myself as I wander around the house.

"Well it's definitely not here" I tell myself as I arrive in front of the living room.