~•~

The Lestranges, Malfoys, Harry and Blaise stood in front of the dark lord as they were all in Diagon Alley near Olivanders, or what was left of Olivanders, breathing heavily as they tried to control their breathing and telling the dark lord what happened.

Marvolo grew impatient as he waited for the family to start speaking but instead, they all made hand motions with their hands as they weren't able to use their mouths just yet. "If one of you doesn't start speaking I will throw you in a pit of fire," he threatened and Regulus, without thinking, waved him off. "Would you?"

he asked with measured confidence, challenging the dark lord for the first time as the tension crackled around them. Regulus knew that the dark lord wouldn't dare kill them because they were Aziyraphaile's family but that didn't mean he couldn't harm them because he would, Regulus knew that the dark lord would kill them because if there was a slight chance that Aziyraphaile would remember him, he wouldn't want to mess it up.

The other members of the group watched in tense silence, waiting to see how the dark lord would react to Regulus's response, the dark lord narrowed his eyes at Regulus before taking a step towards him, "You're lucky you're his brother," he whispered, he knew what Regulus was thinking and he was right, if Aziyraphaile were to come back to him as he was and he found out that Marvolo killed his family, they wouldn't be together.

It was stupid holding onto a what-if, because as far as Marvolo knew Aziyraphaile wasn't going to come back anytime soon, if anything he'd come back only to continue a war with him Despite these thoughts, he couldn't help but entertain the possibility. The fleeting image of Aziyraphaile's return lingered in Marvolo's mind, both tantalizing and terrifying in its implications.

He stepped back and looked at the rest of the family as he took in their appearances, "your husband nearly fried us to a crisp," Cassie said sarcastically though she was being serious, even if she didn't look it. Marvolo fought the urge to laugh, the image of Aziyraphaile still flying on his dragon as he tried to murder his family, it wasn't funny but the image of his husband doing it was.

And suddenly Marvolo's emotions twisted into a knot, torn between the memories of their love and the pain of what it had become. He suppressed a sigh, feeling the weight of their shattered relationship like a physical burden on his shoulders. The ache in his chest grew heavier as he gazed up at the darkening sky, the thought of Aziyraphaile consuming his mind. With a heavy heart, Marvolo realized the path ahead was unclear, and the shimmering hope of Aziyraphaile's memories complicated.

It would be a long and winding road to mend the fractures in their once beautiful bond, but he was willing to endure every twist and turn if it meant reclaiming the love they once shared. He knew that the possibility of Aziyraphaile remembering him was slim but that never stopped him from holding onto the glimmer of hope that someday, somehow, they could find their way back to each other.

Closing his eyes momentarily, Marvolo looked back at his husband's family, "don't you have barriers around your manor?" he asked and Bellatrix and Rodolphus tried their best not to groan as the others glared at them, as soon as they reached the cliff they were able to apparate but they were almost killed when Aziyraphaile's dragon almost spotted them as they all hurried each other to hold hands so they could leave.

"Yes, all around the place actually and that's what almost killed us as well," Bellatrix stated and she heard a soft growl making her look around but nothing was there, she figured she was just hearing things and looked back at the dark lord as she didn't know that the growl was from Aziyraphaile's dragon that was heading towards Diagon Alley.

Marvolo kept quiet for a moment as he opened his mouth he heard a loud screech causing him to immediately look up, his eyes slightly widened when he noticed his husband's dragon flying towards him and Aziyraphaile's family, he noticed the dragon had an alarming amount of blood in its mouth and when he looked at Regulus he noticed him almost on the bridge of fainting.