5| The Apologies

Aziyraphaile was still in his bathroom with his bloody shirt in the corner of the bathroom, cleaning the blood off of his face and used healing magic on the cuts, when he was done with his face he moved on to his fist he whispered. "Episkey," as he focused on his injured hand, hoping to heal the cuts and bruises so he could conceal the evidence of his altercation with his father, there was no evidence to clear up because everyone saw it but it didn't stop him from doing so.

"Accio." To get the shards of glass out of his hands, he didn't heal them he didn't want to, he only cleaned them and wrapped them up in bandages. Aziyraphaile was determined to ensure his injuries were hidden, even though the evidence of his altercation with his father was already known to all.

When he got out of his bathroom he used a cleaning charm to remove all of the blood on the floor and the glass making his floor clean it looked as if nothing had happened. Satisfied that he had concealed all signs of the altercation, Aziyraphaile took a deep breath and made his way back to his room.

Aziyraphaile was about to take off his pants when he heard a knock on the door, he rolled his eyes hoping it wasn't any of his siblings because he didn't want to worry them any more than he already had. He went to the door and opened it when he saw his father he felt the urge to punch him again.

"Can we talk, Aziyraphaile? " his father asked, his expression pained. Aziyraphaile clenched his jaw, feeling a mix of anger and apprehension, but he managed to nod in response. He stepped back to let his father enter, bracing himself for the conversation that was about to take place.

"I want to talk to you properly... you know apologize ," his father said, his voice strained with remorse. Aziyraphaile's eyes narrowed as he studied his father's face, searching for any hint of sincerity. "I'm listening," Aziyraphaile replied, his tone cold and guarded.

"Your mother is sleeping I told her I'd talk to you, if she found out I didn't try she would try to shave my head!" He shuddered when he remembered she tried to shave his head when he was seventeen. Aziyraphaile's father let out a nervous chuckle, hoping to lighten the mood, but Aziyraphaile remained cold and stern.

"Fine. But I want a serious conversation, not a conversation where you are being a drama queen." Aziyraphaile's father nodded, knowing he had a lot to make up for.

"Fine but I'm sorry we can't have a 'Sirius' conversation because he isn't here," Rodolphus said as he entered the room giggling like a child. Aziyraphaile's eyes narrowed further, frustration and disappointment settling in.

"What did I just say!" Aziyraphaile shouted. With his hands on his hips, "Merlin you look like your mother like that... you look sassy!" Rodolphus said nearly falling to the ground in his fit of laughter. Aziyraphaile clenched his jaw, struggling to maintain his composure.

Aziyraphaile looked at his position and scoffed, he chuckled a bit because his father was on the floor holding his stomach still laughing. "This is not a laughing matter, Father," Aziyraphaile said firmly, his frosty gaze never leaving his father's face.

It took a few minutes for Rodolphus to stop laughing, and when he did he sat on a chair at the head of the table his son had in his room, Aziyraphaile went to sit on the other head of the small rectangular table, with his hands entwined with each other on the table.

They looked at each other neither of them speaking yet but Rodolphus had tears in his eyes but wasn't going to let them fall. Aziyraphaile had a serious face looking at his father they sat there for about thirty minutes in silence before Rodolphus decided to speak first.

"I'm sorry about making you take the mark." He said in a low tone. Making Aziyraphaile look at him with a brief shocked expression, before turning his gaze to the table. In that moment, the weight of their unspoken emotions filled the room, hanging heavily between them as Aziyraphaile struggled to find the words to respond.