A quick death

''Young lady!''

In that moment, when the flames had engulfed the little figure of Raven, all doubts within Jane had ceased to exist.

''H-H-a-a....'' Terror filled the maid as she cupped her lips with tears trailing down her cheeks. Directly in front of her wide-eyed gaze were the vivid flames burning the body of her precious young lady.

'Young lady...' Jane shut her eyes, unable to look at the burning flames any longer.

This...her young lady burning in those flames was her fault....exactly her fault.

If she hadn't been standing here, her young lady wouldn't have entered the flames. Jane, unaware of the barrier, blamed herself for the sudden tragedy of her young lady.

The trembling maid was tempted to jump into the fire and save her young lady. However...she knew that she couldn't do such.

Not only would she lose her life, her young lady would also be implicated. There was nothing she could do with her identity as a lowly maid.

*sob*

''Young lady...''

Above the sobbing maid, all gazes were focused intently on the burning flames where the little figure of the fourth young lady had been flung inside the intense heat.

''Fifth sister, congratulations on the fourth young master's victory.'' The Grand duchess was the first to break the silence. She plastered a grin on her lips and congratulated the fifth madam while cooling herself with a folding fan.

In her heart, she cursed Edwin for generating this much heat. Not only was she suffering from heat, but her makeup might melt off her face if she wasn't careful. At the same time, she was disappointed that the same hateful child came out victorious.

Now, her son has another troublesome competitor on his plate.

'I have to eliminate him before he grows more of a threat like the second young master.' The Grand duchess calculated, holding herself from slapping off that proud smile on the fifth madam as the other wives followed her actions in acknowledging the victory.

''Thank you, your excellency.'' Her entire being was now flushed with success. Such sight was obnoxious as always to the other wives of the Grand duke.

''Sixth sister, there's no need to be sad. His excellency will definitely comfort you.'' The fifth madam did not forget to step on the tail of the quiet sixth madam.

Even if she knew that the sixth madam would not react, she just wanted to rub her son's success in the face of the woman who seemed to always look down on her.

'Hmph! My son is a true Langston.'

At least, the fourth young lady was now out of the succession battle. Now, she wouldn't be anxious about the pure blood anymore. Only the second young master has the pure blood and fifth madam preferred it that way. The second young master was a full-born noble child compared to a half-born noble child.

No matter what, she would never swallow the fact that her son was not born with that power and a child of a lowly maid was the complete opposite.

She would never!

'Anyway...' Not bothering with the silence from the sixth madam, the fifth madam began her own calculations for her the future of her son.

Now that the fourth young lady was out of the way, the twins of the fourth madam were no big deals for her son to deal with. Other than them, the other siblings were the major problem and her son needed to train harder than before to be on par with them.