Elite slaves

There had been many things Raven hated in life. One of them was being disturbed during her deep rest. Even if she was widely aware of her new life in a new world....or a novel, Raven still abided to her no-disturb rule.

As a light and sensitive sleeper, she was very much awake when Jane knocked on her door. She was also conscious of the maid entering her room. Her ears were sharp to catch the light footsteps and painful moan. A moment after that, the shuffling and bustling sound could be heard in the quiet room. Raven expected that Jane would give her a little time to sleep more as always, but.....

''AHHHHH!''

A loud scream eventually forced her to open her eyes, and sit up on the bed for Jane to know that she was awake, and that was successful because Jane began to call out to her in a stuttering voice.

''Y-Young-g L-Lad-dy-y.'' Her forefinger trembled while pointing in a particular direction. Her other hand hovered over her mouth as if she couldn't believe her sight.

'What is it now?' Raven was particularly annoyed with the disturbance, but as her eyes followed to the area where Jane was fearfully pointing at, she froze at the sight of the dead body.

''Shit....'' Raven muttered, her eyes fluttered closed while recalling what had taken place in the previous night.

She could feel a headache coming in right now.

****

Jane's scream was very loud and alerting for the entire manor of the sixth madam. The entire servants which were small in number arrived at the entrance of Raven's room. It was from there that rumors began to circulate and expectedly spread to the ears of many, including the entire Langston family.

''Did you hear?''

''The dead assassin in the fourth young lady's room?''

''That's impossible! The fourth young lady is someone that faints at the sight of blood.''

''But there was an assassin in the fourth young lady's room.''

''Perhaps the sixth madam hired someone to take care of the assassin. Fourth young lady has miraculously survived until now.''

''You are right.''

''Now that you mention it, she is still alive.''

''Her age has protected though...''

'' *snort* you still believe that. I am sure her excellency and the other madams have tried to take care of the fourth young lady. Our madam is also the same.''

''Shhhh! What if she or the young master hears about this?!''

''Relax, we are the only people in the hallway. The young master is in training.''

In a glittering long hallway, three maids could be seen whispering to themselves and the topic of their discussion was none other than the fourth young lady and the dead assassin.

''I have been wondering, but what if....the fourth young lady has awakened that power....'' The middle maid who started the conversation whispered in a more silent tone, especially the last words after the brief pause.

''Don't talk nonsense!'' The left maid was quick to interrupt the middle maid. She added cautiously. '' If she has, his excellency and the second young master would be the first to know. As of recent, nothing has been said so don't jump into that conclusion unless we will be in trouble if the madam and young master hears of this.''

''Besides, we as maids are not supposed to talk about this!'' The right maid added as well, hissing with a pointed look to the middle maid. Who knows if someone was listening to their words right now. She couldn't afford to lose this job because of her colleague's loose mouth.