Damon

Underneath the noisy and obscene atmosphere of the brothel, Raven, Kieran and the courtesan could be seen walking in an underground hallway. Fire torches affixed to the wall, lighted each step taken in the silent pathway.

Unlike the courtesan and Kieran who faced forward without giving a side-glance, Raven, on the other hand was very much different. She satisfied her curiosity by visibly turning her head to have a look at her surroundings.

Raven couldn't be blamed as she was very much still new to this world. It wouldn't be strange for her to be looking around in curiosity.

'I wonder how they did this...Perfect place for secrecy and to train assassins...' she mused to herself. No one could ever suspect an underground place in a brothel like this. Whoever came up with the idea, Raven had to give a little respect to the smart person.

However.....

'It wasn't mentioned in the novel though...' Her thoughts linked to the information from the novel. A place like this was never mentioned in the novel that she had read. Apart from the main characters of the plot and their backgrounds, Raven did not recall sighting any underground place in a brothel written in the novel.

'...Just like the original Raven...' Looking around the old brick walls with visible cracks, Raven thought, recalling the unfortunate fate of the original owner.

'Kieran is also the same...' She glanced at the back of her elite slave. '....this Damon guy too...' Apart from the Langston family, all the people that she had met so far seemed to be side characters that the author deemed as not worth mentioning in the novel. Everyone linked to the original owner had never been mentioned. The same was probably for Kieran who she took in, and Damon, who she was about to meet.

'I wonder what their original fate was...' Raven suddenly thought of the endings of these people. Perhaps they met an untimely death or something else...

''We're almost there, masters.'' The dainty voice of the courtesan pulled Raven from her thoughts. Focusing on the reality, Raven decided to end her little act of tourism, and put all her attention on her goal for the night.

At the end of the long hallway was a pair of wooden double doors. The courtesan was the first to get there, and she pulled one of the doors outward for them to enter.

''D-Damon..be gentle p-please...''

''....Why should I?''

''Haa...Y-Your bites...Ha..p-painful...''

Raven had just finished taking her steps into the room behind the pair of wooden double doors. Welcoming her eyes was the pair on a couch, glued to together looking out of breath, and performing some unholy actions not seeming to have a pause.

Well...one of them did, and it was the person on top of the other, giving a sharp yet murderous that she could feel all the way from here.

''I don't seem to recall having any visitors.'' The voice of the person was deep yet hoarse, probably from the lip-locking with the other that had been done.

Eyes were directed to the courtesan standing amid the people, both by her side. Her eyes also met the gaze, but remained blank, and her lips were stagnant indirectly ignoring those words as though she didn't hear them.

However....

Her eyelids suddenly came together and her body dropped instantly after those words. Following this was a pin-drop silence. A pair of eyes swept over the body on the bare ground, belonging to the unknown person, and then lifted the narrowed gaze to Raven and Kieran. This was the beginning of a stare down between them. The atmosphere was uncomfortable for anyone to breathe peacefully. A murderous yet deadly air slowly blended amongst them.