The Awaited battle (1)

The deep shade of the blue sky, the warm rays of the scorching sun, the earthly scent of the green grass, the vibrant colors of the beautiful flower...such characteristics told many of gradual change in season from early spring to late spring, knocking on the door of the early summer.

The Manors of the Langston family were as quiet as ever. Not a commotion could be heard from both the outside and the inside. What had taken place days ago was like an illusion given the tranquility, particularly of the Sixth madam's manor.

However, this tranquility did not last for long at the arrival of Hibro, the personal of the Grand duke in the manor of the sixth madam

His presence alone, without a word, confirmed one thing.

The awaited life and death battle between the fourth young master and the fourth young lady. This entire moment shook the entire walls of each manors of the Langston family, and words of the battle spread around, with many expectations and favor leaning to the fourth young master.

None expected the fourth young lady to win. In fact, most had already expected her funeral that would definitely be coming soon after this death.

In the familiar battle grounds, Raven could be seen standing slightly ahead of jane with her ruby eyes darting around in little curiosity. At the moment, she just realized that this place where she and Edwin first met actually belonged to the Grand duke, her dearest father.

Sizing up the large space, Raven couldn't help but compare to the small spaced battle grounds of the sixth madam's manor.

''Young lady, don't be afraid, this maid will be cheering for you.'' Jane's shaky voice pulled Raven out from her thoughts. Her ruby glanced to the side, briefly sighting the strained smile on the maid's lips, and fearful yet misty eyes, certainly exposing that fact of her teary moment in the carriage.

It was very obvious that Jane did not want to be here.

''Hmm...'' In response, Raven only gave a hum taking her gaze back. Console the scared maid? Absolutely not! She didn't even know how to console someone.

Besides, why exactly should she console Jane?

This family was a place where weak died and strong survived. In Raven's opinion, Jane's words and fear were unnecessary and a disturbance. It was very out of place.

A subordinate represented the face of the leader. This could also be the same of a servant and the master.

In Raven's eyes, Jane was giving her a bad name in front her siblings who were undoubtedly her opponents.

'Finally...' At the sight of a familiar of the black haired man in his usual dark aristocratic clothes above with the butler trailing behind, Raven's ruby eyes lit up, pleased to know that this man was finally present. Without him, the life and death battle could not commence, even if the necessary attendance of the wives and children were fulfilled.

Besides all that, she was an impatient person to begin with.

With the Grand duke finally present, all chatters ceased, and everyone present revered him with a deep bow and curtsy. Following this uniformed actions, the grand duke sat down without a word of acknowledge. Seeing that, the wives took their designated seat, followed the children with each personal maids and butlers standing erected yet conformed with etiquettes without a flaw in their posture.

The only children standing were the opponents of the day, Raven and Edwin each with their personal maid and butler at a distance.

''Fourth young master, Fourth young lady, present yourselves in front of his excellency!'' Hibro was the first to break the silence of the battle grounds. At his words, Raven and Edwin marched up to the center of the battle ground, leaving their personal maid and butler behind, and simultaneously facing each other.