Twin sisters (2)

Just as Edwin was about to start fighting first, he suddenly paused at the sound of Estelle's voice. Upon hearing her words, his lips curled down, clearly not agreeing with her and expressing his displeasure.

''Why should I withdraw?'' He asked, hating that someone must suggest that he always needed to withdraw from a battle. During the family dinner, his mother wanted him to withdraw. Now, his second sister was telling to withdraw from this fight as well.

The most annoying fact of all, was that his opponent remained the same.

His weak fourth sister!

''You must give me a clear answer. Why should I withdraw, Estelle?'' With clenched hands, Edwin asked again. This time, a little louder as his anger was reaching its peak. Was everyone thinking he was weaker than that weakling?

How was he weaker than that weakling?

He was a powerful swordsman for his young age. His mother had told him that it wouldn't be long before he reaches the rank of a sword master. If he worked harder, he could become an aura master.

His mother clearly told him that, yet she was the same who forced him to withdraw during the family dinner.

''Haa...'' Estelle sighed, tiredly with her fingers on her forehead. Her head shook lightly in annoyance. Just by looking at Edwin's face, she could already tell his arrogant thoughts. He should be grateful that she stopped him from doing something that he would regret.

'If not that he was useful...I wouldn't expend this much energy to manipulate him....' Dark emerald eyes flickered in disdain.

''Fourth brother, if you fight with fourth sister's elite slave, father will not like that. He promised you and fourth sister the battle that you desired. If you fight now, won't it be the same as not giving father face?'' Closing the distance between herself and Edwin, Estelle took her time to explain the consequences of Edwin's actions.

''If you want to continue, then you can. Don't say that this sister didn't warn you.'' Saying that, she stood in front of Edwin, whose face paled beyond recognition as if her words just poured freezing water on him, cooling the heat from within.

''We have to leave, Estella.'' Ignoring the dazed Edwin, Estelle called her twin sister before turning to the side where Raven stood with an apologetic smile. ''Fourth sister, pardon us twin sisters, but we have engagements with some friends and relatives.''

''You do not need to excuse yourself, second elder sister. Thank you for visiting this younger sister's home.'' Raven returned with a sweet and appreciative smile. Inwardly, she snorted at the obvious lie thrown in her face. If these twin sisters truly had the so-called engagements, they wouldn't have bothered to show up in this manor.

''We are sisters, fourth sister. There's no such thing as visit. When we have free time on our hands, let's have some sisterly chat over tea.'' Estelle suggested with the same apologetic smile. At the same time, she couldn't help closely observe this fourth sisters of hers.

Her weak fourth sister was now staring at her in the eye.

'She's really different from before...' Estelle thought before turning her gaze and walking away from Edwin, out of the battle grounds. For some reason, her courage to stare at her fourth sister's smiling face seemed to be crumbling bit by bit.

That smile of hers didn't seem right.

''Fourth sister, I wish you luck on your life and death battle.''

''Thank you, third elder sister.'' Raven smiled sweetly at Estella who returned hers and hastened her steps to Estelle who waited for her at a distance.