Raven and Damon (4)

Karate

A martial art mainly for the point of discipline through the use of arms and legs for striking, kicking and defense.

It is an art for discipline, respect and self-defense.

But....

In Raven's case, when she was chaos, such words were meaningless in place where the weak died and the strong survived.

Back then, she had learned such martial arts. Though it was used for violence and to kill, opposite of martial arts' teachings.

In addition to that, she had to learn about the human body. Since karate was mostly about the use of arms and legs, she had to know where on the human body to strike.

What was perfect area to strike on the human body to kill?

What are the weakest areas on the human body?

What are the areas to avoid on the human body?

Questions like this...she had to answer and also have a deeper knowledge on them. Besides, one thing about karate was one had to think before striking.

This martial art and the knowledge of the human body had helped her younger self to develop so much in that place. From this knowledge, she built up her body to match a standard assassin

Because of that, she had also caught the attention of particular people.

'......' Dismissing such memory, Raven focused on Damon who seemed to be exhausted. Another weakness of him to her advantage.

But....

She was the same as him...much worst. Well...she did use karate with a weak body, so Raven expected this much.

In karate, endurance is a must. Without endurance, one could never last in a standard sparring between two individuals.

'Time to end this...' Raven thought, subtly glancing to the side and making eye contact with a particular elite slave of hers.

'Let's target the knee one more time...' She returned her gaze back to Damon's knees. Even if she could not physically break the bone, it did not mean that she could not bruise the area, especially with stone-hard sole of her boot.

'I win...Damon...' Her eyes twinkled in triumph. Someone like Damon wasn't close to be her match. From the beginning, she had predicted that he wouldn't be able win against her.

Though it wasn't an easy feat especially with a body like hers.

As though hearing her thoughts, Damon wiped the sweat around his forehead. At the same time, he forcefully controlled his erratic breathing before positioning in a defensive stance with his sword.

To say he did not expect this would be understatement.

A young lady barely at the age of ten put him in such situation. What an embarrassment for a swordsman like himself.

But....

That did not mean that he would give up at the glaring reality. There was no way that he would lose to a young lady that was also not a swordsman.

Swordsman were the most revered people in the empire. Even a low rank swordsman was more powerful than a regular person, so why would he lose to that kind of person?

Damon's manly ego couldn't take such, and so, the said man gritted his teeth. His nostrils flared and his eyes became fierce as he prepared to land a strike that would surely get this young lady to give up in his opinion.

Unfortunately....

Damon was a little late as Raven was faster than him.

''Kieran...'' As she was going for his knee, her voice rang out in the quiet room. ''Block him.'' She commanded without fail.