The Main manor

The moon light seeped through the large glass windows like an uninvited guest, and shone on the two people walking down the hallway. Just beside the glass windows were faded walls that revealed tales of years of the building's existence. Vibrant red eyes were sharp to catch tiny crumbled parts and cracks on the wall. Thick candle melted wax diffuse through the atmosphere like a usual odor as a result of the chandeliers affixed to the vaulted ceiling, and the floor candelabras each by the several glass windows in the long hallway.

As Chaos sauntered down under the guidance of Jane, her eyes briefly looked around her surroundings. She could sense the maid's quick glances and did not want to look weird by looking around as if everything was new to her. Well...it was, but she had to behave in a way that wouldn't arouse suspicions among those who were very close to the original owner of her body.

''Young lady, please be careful during the family dinner.'' Jane said worriedly to her as they neared a large double door.

''Yes Jane.'' Chaos answered back, mustering up her sweet innocent voice. Though in her mind, she thought those words were very useless. With the memories in her head, this family dinner always end up with many manservants, and maids losing their lives. To put it bluntly, there would be a blood bath if her dearest new siblings decided to kill each other.

The fight was always between the first two sons of the Grand duke. Other siblings would only watch from the sidelines with their respective maids and butlers protecting them.

As for the original owner....well, let's just say she always end up lucky in avoiding her death.

''You are almost late.'' Those words welcomed her, after stepping out into the cool breeze of the night. The door closed behind her, and Jane respectfully stood beside another person in the same black and white uniform.

Chaos gave a quick glance to that person, before looking up at the woman staring down at her. This must be the mother of the original owner. The sixth wife of the Grand duke, and the sixth madam of the Langston family.

Chaos recalled the strange changes on her body when the woman mouthed those words on the battle grounds.

'Why is my body so small?' Amid her thoughts, Chaos couldn't help but complain in her heart.

''Greetings mother.'' Chaos acknowledged the woman with curtsy of her own. Her movements were without a flaw. Having the memories of how this was done were very helpful to chaos, and this body that had practiced doing something like this came in very useful. Though, Chaos hated that she was very weak and prone to danger.

''Yes. Greetings child. '' The sixth madam returned, observing Chaos who stood upright and met her gaze. The woman tilted her head a bit to the side, her dull brown eyes fixed on the tiny figure in front of her. ''Your eyes have changed.'' She pointed out, her tone dull and casual like the child in her gaze wasn't her daughter who was sick days ago.

''What do you mean, mother?'' Chaos smiled behaving clueless to her words. She was right not to underestimate people around the original owner. Her memories of this woman were less than she could count. The sixth madam was someone who did not interact with the original owner. So, Chaos expected to be ignored, but it seemed the woman was quite sharp in catching onto something.

''...Nothing. Let's be on our way to the main manor.'' Ending the conversation after a moment of silence, the sixth madam turned her back on Chaos. ''When we get back from the dinner, you must begin the daily dosage of the Nerium flower. Since you've been ingesting tiny fragments of weak poison, it's time for a change. You are already at the age of succession. My reputation of having the weakest successor of the Grand duke must change, Raven. Don't disappoint this mother of yours.'' The sixth madam gave a side-glance before walking ahead to the carriage waiting for them.