A Mistake or on Purpose?

Assassins.

People who commit murder under the task of a client, the person who wanted the death of another.

Raven had lived a life similar to an assassin and so, she could tell the identities of the disturbing gazes on her body. The people hiding in places where she couldn't see them were assassins. Raven did not know what they were called in this world, but for her to be sensing evil intentions from them and directed to her, they were likely to be assassins.

Not feeling the presence of someone walking behind her, the head maid paused her footsteps. Glancing side ways, she felt puzzled by the sight of Raven just standing on a spot.

''Fourth young lady?'' She turned around questioningly to Raven smiling in a daze. Upon seeing the wide smile on her lips, the head maid was stunned. Normally, the reaction from the fourth young lady whenever she comes to the main manor was like a terror-struck rabbit.

As someone living under the Grand duke for a long time, she was the second person to know the Grand duke like the back of her hand. The weak fourth young lady was definitely an embarrassment to him despite having the purest blood as a Langston.

So imagine her surprise when she saw the fourth young lady not paled or almost fainting in fear at the entrance of the main manor. The fourth young lady had this reaction in the past and the head maid expected the same thing to happen again. The other servants in the main manor also expected the same as her.

Even after the sixth madam had walked away, ignoring her as always, the fourth young lady kept her smile, and entered the main manor without showing fear.

''Apologies for the slowdown, head maid.'' Still smiling, Raven met the questioning gaze of the head maid. ''This place is disturbing....as always.'' She had an idea of the head maid's thoughts. From the memories, the original owner always had an episode at the entrance of the main manor.

Well....fainting or tearing up like a baby was not in Raven's dictionary. She might have decided to behave just like the original owner, but there were some things that she would definitely not do. Whether people were shocked that she did not behave like the original owner or not was not of her business.

''.....'' The head maid did not expect Raven to voice her true thoughts. Even if the main manor was the place the fourth young lady disliked, she should still be courteous since this was the Grand duke's place. The Grand duke was also her father and yet the fourth young lady spoke a bit careless.

What if the Grand duke hears of this?

''It's best if fourth young lady hurries up. His excellency must be waiting.'' The head maid warned in a subtle way. The Grand duke was her master, and the fourth young lady being his daughter was also her master. Even if the fourth young lady was the least favored child of the Grand duke, she couldn't be slighted in the least.

''Head maid should lead the way.'' Raven did as if she was deaf to the warning. Why should she be considerate of the father she had never met?

Well....she did see him on the battlegrounds, but according to the memories of the original owner, the father and daughter had never interacted with one another. To be more precise, the Grand duke only interacted with his first two sons on his will. The other children were able to interact with him through their mothers. The original owner, on the other hand, was left alone. Her mother was also like her. The least favored wife of the Grand duke.

What a fitting match for both mother and daughter.

''Yes, fourth young lady.'' The head maid gave a quick bow and resumed leading the way. Every thought she had of Raven was pushed to the deepest corner of her mind. As a servant, she was forbidden to have thoughts of her master. This was the etiquette between a noble and a servant.