Commander Igor

While asking herself that question, a smile blossomed on Raven's lips towards the man who seemed a little too respectful to herself.

His politeness was a bit weird considering the blatant disrespect that she recently experienced and the original owner had experienced in the past.

''You may rise.''

''Thank you for your benevolence, fourth young lady.'' The man stood, and Raven got the opportunity to observe his features.

'He's really tall.' Raven noted an obvious fact. There was a huge difference between this man and herself. Almost like she was a dwarf.

Once again, she cursed this body of hers for being so small. If she wasn't at a distance away from the man, she would have to crane her neck just to stare at him. Still....She was even doing that at the moment!

Raven also noticed how the man used the pronouns to address herself apart from her title. That also meant that he wasn't just a servant of this manor...well that was plainly evident from his clothing.

'Lily seems okay with it.' Raven glanced at the maid at her side

''Commander.'' Lily greeted with a nod before giving an introduction to the curious Raven. ''Young lady, this is Commander Igor of the Langston army.''

In other words, a person of her dearest father.

Once again, Raven blamed the original owner for having such little information of her surrounding and people that were so vital for her survival.

''It is an honor to meet you, fourth young lady, and congratulations on reaching the age of succession.''

''You as well, commander and thank you.'' Raven returned with a smile.

Before moving to the main reason of his presence in the sixth madam's manor, Commander Igor observed the person of recent rumors in a glance. It wouldn't be pleasant if he made his scrutinizing gaze obvious, especially to his master's daughter.

'She does look more like his excellency.....unlike before.' Commander Igor noticed a difference between her of then and now, her eyes in particular. The first moment he came in contact with the fourth young lady, her eyes were filled with terror and vigilance towards himself and the grand duke. It was the day of her pre-test, when the second young master had saved her from danger. At the beginning of her pre-test, she held only fear and confusion, but.... after that incident, her eyes changed as if they were the cause of her almost death.

Well....they were, but no one could be blamed as the pre-test was a tradition among the descendants of the Langston family. The fourth young lady could never escape her fate unless she welcomed death willingly without a fuss.

''His excellency understands fourth young lady's situation. These elite slaves that are presented before you fourth young lady, are the top ten finest and unsurpassed in terms of battle skills.'' As commander Igor spoke, he turned away from Raven and lily, walking ahead through the double doors that were opened by his own men.

'I guess the rumors were true....' Commander Igor noticed the lack of knights in the sixth madam's manor. Even the entire manor itself and the interior was not worthy of a wife and daughter of the famed Langston family.

''Your chosen one can serve as your tutor, fourth young lady. I can also stop by time to time to see if you are taught correctly by the slave that you will chose now.'' Stopping in front of the lined up elite slaves, Commander Igor stopped speaking and waited for Raven who was looking around the battle ground before focusing her interest on the people at her front. Lily stood behind her, watching and waiting to hear of her decision.