Raven and Damon (2)

''......''

A bet?

A wager to stake on?

That word lifted an eyebrow on Raven's face underneath the hood. She soundlessly laughed at this man, who had yet to introduce himself.

Damon.

He really did not take her seriously.

Well...that was understandable.

Even if she would not take herself seriously. In the eyes of others, she was just a little girl barely at the age of ten.

Yes...just a little girl, incapable of doing anything but to depend on others.

A weak one at that.

That realization darkened Raven's gaze. A tinge of frustration could be detected. She couldn't wait for this body to grow up and she could return back to her former self...her former glory as chaos in this world.

''What do you propose?''

''Seems young lady has an understanding of a bet. Well then...that saves the effort of explaining the meaning of my words.''

''......'' Listening to those words, it was very much obvious to Raven that Damon was not taking her serious at all. He seemed to have regarded her as someone unable to comprehend his words.

''We will battle, young lady. Given your size and age, I will be lenient on you as an adult. I don't bully children.''

His blunt final sentences made her lips twitch in irritation. Did this man had to rub in her face that she was nothing but a mere child?

If he knew who she was in her past life, then he would be the one on his knees begging for her forgiveness!

'How annoying...' She thought, her fingers twitching to rip out the tongue of this man.

''As for the stakes...if you win, then you'll do as you wanted with my brothel, young lady. But if I win...'' A pause came from Damon as his light blues flickered to the taller hooded figure. ''The noirus is mine.''

'So that's what you're after...' Raven understood the true meaning behind this sudden bet. 'You're after Kieran...my elite slave.' She thought, quite possessively.

Perhaps the mysterious lineage and skills of Kieran had attracted this sly man who wanted to steal him right under her nose. He wasn't even hiding his intent.

Someone that belonged to her rightfully.

Now Raven was a little vexed. How could she be calm when someone was eyeing her possession? As someone who had grown up with nothing, Raven was quite materialistic and very possessive.

Whatever was hers would remain hers and no one else.

'I'll have to teach you some manners....' Her eyes glinted in glee at the thought to teaching this arrogant man a lesson. She should also teach him not underestimate herself or anyone ever again.

Even if that person was bound to fail, it did not mean their life had ended for eternity. The same person could come back stronger and eventually be the winner.

Unless...

The bud was nipped before it could blossom.

How many times had she nipped a lot buds before they could blossom? Many times, particularly for her clients.

Had she ever felt guilty? Well...never.

However...from these assassination missions, she had learned never to underestimate anyone. Even if she openly dismissed them...that did not mean that she underestimated them from the bottom of her heart.