The Awaited Battle (2)

''Fifth sister trained the fourth young master well.''

''Your excellency is right. To be able to use the elemental skill that is suited for a high rank swordsman, fourth young master certainly has an innate talent.''

''Of course he is. He has his Excellency's blood.''

''Your excellency speaks the truth.''

The Grand duchess and the fourth madam exchanged some words, remarking about Edwin's sword that was different from moments ago. Burning flames of fire was swirling arounds its blade, making the sword more dangerous than before.

Such was known as an elemental skill. A skill only used by high ranked swordsmen. For Edwin to use such skill showed his innate talent as a mid-rank swordsman.

''But...fourth young lady is holding on well.'' The Grand duchess did not forget about the Raven. Truth to be told, she brought up Edwin to also talk about Raven. Edwin using elemental skill for his age and rank wasn't anything surprising to her and the other wives.

There had been better achievements mostly coming from the hateful child of the second madam, the wench seated quietly right by her side. Her son, the rightful heir and the first-born child had been overshadowed by him numerous times.

Glancing to the side, her amethyst eyes caught the fifth madam biting her lower lip and glaring at the battle below.

'Ha...' The Grand duchess chuckled inwardly. The fifth madam's anger was very obvious. In all honesty, the fourth young lady should have died from the first fire elemental attack, given her weakness and all.

Yet...here she was...dodging every fire elemental attack like a cat, nimble and sharp on her feet.

'I wonder what happened...' The Grand duchess narrowed her eyed dangerously at dark-haired young lady. Even if she outwardly praised the young lady, the Grand duchess wasn't one to miss a thing. She really hoped that her worst fear had not come true...unless her son would have two obstacles to the Grand duke's seat.

''Sixth sister has given us sisters a wonderful surprise.'' The Grand duchess shifted her gaze back to the side, but a different person.

The sixth madam who has always been quiet and indifferent.

''...Your excellency gives this sister too much praises.'' Even her reply was the same. That tone of indifference could never be hidden. Such tone always displeased the Grand duchess, but compared to the other wives of the Grand duchess, the sixth madam was much easier to deal with, given her lowly background.

''Well, I am speaking the truth.'' Knowing that she couldn't anything from the sixth madam, the Grand duchess gave up on saying more words, lest she embarrassed herself. The sixth madam was different from the fifth madam. Unlike her usual impassive face, the anger was very apparent on the fifth madam's face.

'If I wanted any of these two to win...' The Grand duchess zoned her eyes the dark-haired young lady nimble on her feet. 'I'll choose her.' Unlike the fourth young master, the fourth young lady had no family background, making her much easier to be dealt with.

As long as that power remained dormant within her, there was nothing significant about the fourth young lady. She was that worthless without that power.

Meanwhile, the sixth madam was quite pleased that the Grand duchess was not looking for her trouble. Towards this flamboyant woman, she had no time to be an entertainment, when her daughter was surprising her greatly.

'Something definitely happened...' There was no one who knew her daughter best other than herself. Even if she held no care towards her flesh and blood, that did not mean she had always been indifferent.