The Awaited Battle (3)

''Shut up!''

Edwin gritted his teeth. The bottom of his heart boiled in fury just at the smug sight of his fourth sister's face. He was supposed to be the one doing that face, not her, the weakling.

Yet here he was, receiving what his fourth sister had normally received....from her at that.

Oh how the tables had turned in an instant....against him!

'I can't last much longer....' Edwin bit his lower lips in frustration. To maintain the right sufficient amount of aura, and also to direct an attack with the flames was very hard for him. His tutor had always cautioned that there must be a balance between the two. If not, his attack could backfire at himself.

Exactly what was happening to him at the moment. The aura protecting him from the heat had long been depleted. Now his actual body was suffering the flaming heat.

If he had known this would have been the outcome of using the elemental skill, he wouldn't have used it in the first place.

He would have just killed his fourth sister with his normal swordsmanship.

Edwin's expectations were for his fourth sister to have died during his first attack. His fourth sister was a weakling, so Edwin had predicted to have finished at the beginning of the battle.

Yet...here she was...alive and breathing....with a smug look directed to himself.

'I'll get you for this!' Edwin glared at her hatefully. The other hand without the sword curled to a tight fist. If he had known, he would have listen to his tutor and not his mother.

His tutor had warned him never to use such skill as he had not gotten his aura as a mid-rank swordsman under full control yet.

To advance in swordsmanship, the aura must be fully under control without a flaw. Something that Edwin had not achieved yet.

Even if he was a medial mid-rank, about to undergo a breakthrough, it never changed that he was still mid-rank.

A mid-rank swordsman was still the same as low-rank swordsman. The only difference was the amount of aura. As his father's son, he must never be low in the eyes of others.

His mother had always told him that.

''Ugh...'' Edwin released a subtle groan. His gaze lowered to the sight of his fingers holding his sword. His flesh had been burnt to some extent, and the pain wasn't something that he could brush off.

Forcefully tearing his gaze away from the horrible and bloody sight, Edwin focused his eyes on his fourth sister that seemed to be patiently waiting for him.

Why? He wonders.

If he was his fourth sister, this moment would have been the best time to finish him off. Yet, she stood and watched him....quite calmly as though there weren't currently in a life and death battle.

'Are you looking down on me?' Was she pitying him? Was she scared to kill him?

'Ah...' Edwin smirked to himself. In the end, his fourth sister was a weakling thorough and thorough. Rather than finishing him off, she was hesitating.

'A foolish mistake...' Edwin thought to himself. If he had been the one, he would have taken such opportunity.

Meanwhile, the patience of the said weakling has already reached her limits.

'I should just kill him now...' Raven finally wanted to end her little play and finish Edwin's life. Her eyes had sharply caught many open weaknesses on Edwin's body. It was only because of the little patient within her that she had been waiting for an attack till now.