The Plot

Angelina.

That was the name of the novel. A tale of the life of an orphaned girl named Angelina. The ending of the novel was Angelina becoming the highest ranked lady in the Amarian empire, The Empress. That also meant that she married the emperor, and they lived their lives happily ever-after.

Now...how did the emperor, the highest-ranked person revered by many in the Amarian empire, notice an insignificant orphaned girl, a person trying to survive at the slumps of the Amarian empire?

This question was easily answered in Raven's former life. She had stolen the novel from a prison guard and read it to pass away the time. She had finished this novel of over 100 pages in a few days, and returned it back to the same prison guard.

'I can't believe I am inside a novel.....is that even possible?' Raven did not think there was something like magic or witchcraft in her former life. But looking at the reflection of her perfect face on the plate, she started to think there was something like that.

How did she become this character with an unfortunate fate?

Was this world really a novel or a real world?

Were the characters real people or just characters?

Now that Raven had a guess of her situation, questions began to appear in her mind, but it seemed she would have to ask herself later as another set of large doors on the side of the room suddenly opened and entered the Grand duke with his wives.

Staring at the handsome man surrounded by his six beautiful wives, Raven was pleased that she got to openly admire another set of beauties. Now she understood where the original owner and Izer got their beauty from. Her other siblings were not shining less than them.

The Grand duke was really blessed with good genes. His wives were no exceptions.

Earlier, she noticed their absence, but it had always been like that in the original owner's memories. The children would wait in the dining hall, and the six wives would meet up with the Grand duke before coming together.

''Greetings Father.'' Raven and the other children acknowledged the Grand duke according to the etiquettes they were taught by their tutors; the males bowed, and the females curtsied. Their movements were perfect and fitting as the children from a prestigious family.

''...um.'' The Grand duke responded with a low hum, not saying another word, and sat on the chair at the head of the table.

Once the Grand duke was settled, the wives followed after, and the children sat back down on their seat. Everything was uniformed and perfect. Seeing that, the servants waiting to serve the meals began to place the plates on the table without making a single mistake.

Raven stared at the plate of soup placed in her front. Eyeing the shredded things on her plate, her nose twitched at the aroma of a familiar food.

'Is this.....chicken?' Raven's brows twitched at the sight of the plain shredded chicken and watery soup. This must be chicken soup, since there was only shredded chicken and nothing else in the soup.

'What blasphemy is this....?' Raven wanted to cry. Was this only her dinner? A simple chicken soup, and nothing else?! Would this even hold her throughout the night? Chicken in her former life was well garnished and marinated to perfection. Even one could drool from its picture.

The food from prison was also better-looking than this!

''Fourth young lady, is there something wrong with the soup?'' A soft feminine voice disturbed the trials of Raven's thoughts.

Looking up from her plate, Raven's vibrant eyes were directed to the woman seated next to the sixth madam's side. She was the same woman who glared at her on the battlegrounds. She was also the mother of her cute elder brother, Edwin.