Her First Kill

*drip*

*drop*

*drip*

*drop*

The blood oozing from the back and chest of the assassin dripped on the ground drop by drop. In a blink of an eye, a small puddle of blood gathered underneath the black boots of the assassin, and the distinctive metallic scent filled the entire room.

''.....'' Raven's nose twitched in irritation. Her brows scrunched together, clearly expressing her displeasure towards the metallic scent. This was the only reason why she hated murder. The scent of blood was too disgusting for her.

It seemed her sensitive nose from her former life followed her to this life.

''Why don't you hurry up and spill it? Your scent is making me nauseous.'' Raven spoke as if she wasn't the reason for stomach-churning feeling. She was an impatient person to begin with. Now she was even more impatient and irritated because of the disgusting metallic smell in her room.

''......'' The assassin never said a word. The shock he felt upon failing his mission had resided a bit and the feeling of confusion settled within him.

The information he had received from the higher ups was that the fourth young lady of the Langston family was the weakest of all the Grand duke's children. She was also his least favored child and deemed worthless in the entire grand duchy. Even her mother, the sixth madam had ignored her from birth.

Her life was just tragic as that.

But....

Who was the child in his gaze?

A weak person was never one with that gaze ready to end his life at any moment. That empty but chilling gaze, a gaze he was very familiar with as someone with blood of many people on his hands.

'I didn't sense her...' A sudden thought came to the assassin.

Right. He didn't sense her when she was near him unless the one whose blood dripping would not have been him.

How was it possible for him not to sense her when she was near him?

''Not talking? Then allow me to begin.'' Raven wasn't disappointed with the silence. A moment later, a knowing smile gradually appeared on her lips, as she revealed. ''it should be one of my siblings.''

It wasn't a question but a statement like she was absolutely and a hundred percent sure of her words.

''......'' Though surprised, the assassin did not show it on his face. Well...there was nothing to show when his entire face was covered, only leaving out his eyes.

''As for who, I am not too sure about that. Their mothers should be involved as well.'' Raven mused out loud. Before the family dinner, she had also suspected her siblings and their mothers for the prickling gazes she had felt in the main manor.

Now an actual assassin really came to visit her in the night. It wasn't too hard to figure the people who wanted her dead and gone.

'But his gaze is different....' Raven realized something very minor but important. There was just this feeling she could not put into words. Was it weird if she felt the gaze of this assassin was really different from the gazes she felt in the hallway of the main manor?

Yes, she could feel killing intentions from the assassin and that was clearly evil, but it was just different from the gazes she had felt in the hallway.

There was another thing she realized just now.

'I am not shaking....' Raven looked down at her body. The fact that this terror-stricken body was not shaking in the presence of an obvious danger was new. It seemed the original owner had never experience something like this before.