The Weakest and the Strongest

Long before she became Chaos, the crazy dangerous and well-known criminal, she was actually someone.

Someone that was a nobody.

A nobody with no name or identity.

A person like that was obviously an orphan, and that described her existence in the world. She didn't grow up in an orphanage, but somewhere far from the norms of the society.

That somewhere was the place she was given a name....an identity, to mark her existence in the world.

Was she grateful at that time?

Well....she had no idea, because she wasn't given a chance to experience that feeling of gratitude. In a place like that, only the dark side of the world existed, and such place was where she grew to be a killer before escaping and living her life as Chaos, the crazy dangerous and well-known criminal.

*****

'Come to think of it, here and that place are quite similar...' Raven's eyes glazed over the unwanted memories that were purposely locked in the deepest part of her mind. Though this world had to give her a reminder of her roots.

Perhaps that was why she thought of such method of picking out her tutor from these elite slaves. In the end, she couldn't hide where she came from, even if it was from herself.

''Fourth young lady, won't it be better if the strongest combats with the next strongest? A between the strongest and the weakest....excuse my words, but the outcome is very predictable.'' Commander Igor suggested with an advice. It was expected for the strongest to win and the weakest to lose, unless there was an unforeseeable interference.

Why was the fourth young lady bringing up such battle when the outcome was expected?

''I am afraid I have to disagree, commander.'' Raven denied. Her eyes then shifted back to the young boy at the end of the line. ''For the weak to be alive till now, there must be something that you missed,'' She added and turned her gaze back to the commander with a smile. ''I want to know what that is, and father also included the slave as the top ten. I can't overlook father's eyes, commander.''

''.....you are right, fourth young lady. Forgive my insolence on overlooking such basic facts.'' Commander Igor apologized. The fourth young lady had a great insight. Unlike the young master and young ladies, she took the Grand duke's action into consideration.

Perhaps it was because the choice of her elite slave was going to someone who would guide her until the sixth madam provided a suitable tutor. Regardless of that, her action and previous questions had taken Commander Igor's interest.

The Langston family, with its glorious reputation, had many enemies waiting for a tiny weak moment to strike. Slaves were bought from auctions to be trained for the benefit of the Langston family.

The mortality rate in the Langston family was high, and that was a known fact to the entire empire. It was also to be expected, given the culture and traditions of the family. Because of that, many avoided working for the Langston family, and this was targeted to the commoners.

Nobles working for the Langston family still had their identity as a shield. If something were to happen to them, their families could demand for an explanation. The commoners on the other hand, were different as they had no layer of protection.

Slaves were taken into consideration because of this. They had no name or voice in the Amarian empire. No one would care if their lives were to end because they were slaves.

''Young lady has impressed this servant.''

''Then my goal of making you proud has been achieved, lily.'' Replying with her never-ending smile, Raven looked down to the battlegrounds where the two elite slaves faced each other with commander Igor at the middle and some knights behind them. The other elite slaves were nowhere to be found.