Raven and Damon (1)

*Clank*

Only the clash of blades fell on the ears of the fallen courtesan, who instinctively shut her eyes out of fear.

''Get up.''

A familiar voice fell on her ears and her shut eyes peeked open, only to have the familiar sight of her master's back.

''Don't make me repeat myself.'' The deep yet annoyed voice of her master snapped herself out of stupor. The courtesan knew this was not the time to be in daze just because of her master's act of saving her life.

Exactly as her master wanted, the courtesan stood alongside with the daggers on both hands of hers. Now that she was standing, she got the full sight on what was happening in front of her master.

The blades of her master and the enemy were in a battle of dominance, each trying to overwhelm one another.

In the corner of her eyes, the courtesan noticed a small movement, and her gaze was taken away in that direction. At the sight of the small figure with the face underneath the hood of the black robe, the courtesan gripped the handles of her daggers, about to commence another battle but with a different opponent.

Since her master was busy with this enemy, then she should move to the other.

Her little movement did not escape the eyes of Kieran struggling with his sword against his opponent. With a sudden withdrawal and strike of his own to which was countered, his figure drew backward, rushing to the side of his master.

Upon getting to her spot, he stood with a defensive posture with his gaze fixated on the two people in his front.

''....it appears I can't underestimate your partner...'' A voice came from the unknown person with the courtesan as his eyes briefly stayed on the taller hooded figure which was Kieran shielding the smaller figure away from his sight.

''I never ask you to estimate him.'' Raven's voice followed as she walked out from behind Kieran's back, only stand to by his side. Her blood-like eyes which were in disguise of a pale brown color glinted with some thoughts.

Indeed, her Kieran was not one to underestimate, especially those glass-like eyes of his. How they got out peacefully out of the Grand duchy without any rise in commotion was certainly thanks to those eyes.

Following the battle between the elite slaves, the knights of the Langston family, and the fainted courtesan on the side, Raven managed to deduce how Kieran used his eyes.

One of them was if his opponent met his gaze, which was how he used them against the knights of the Langston family.

'His lineage must be something special...' She thought, knowing that the world inside the novel was a place of outwardly and unrealistic abilities. Kieran was certainly one with one of those abilities. As for which, she had no idea as only the abilities of main characters were mentioned in the novel.

'Anyway...it is a plus for me...' Raven thought smugly, pleased to know Kieran was definitely more than her expectations. Her goal of making him an almost perfect elite slave was certainly not a dream.

''The eyes of your partner...'' A familiar voice drew Raven back to the present. Her gaze focused on the man who had not yet introduced himself as Damon.

Even if he hasn't said so, Raven knew that he was certainly Damon, given the multiple evidences surrounding them.

''...is he a noirus?'' His question arched an eyebrow on Raven's face. At the same time, she noticed the momentary stiffness of Kieran at her side.

Looks like her search of Kieran's abilities was already narrowed, thanks to that question.

''I don't know what you're talking about...'' She replied, noting the name 'noirus' in the back of her mind.