Chapter 33

Kelli's POV
Today I was hanging out with Robert and Stefanie, we were going to go shopping for Valentines gifts for Erin, Billy, and Jake.
"What do you girls think I should get Kel?" Mikey questioned as we walked through the mall. The three of us, were bored out of our mind since Erin and Billy were hanging out with their older sister Rita who was in from college, and Jake was at work.
"A thong." Stefanie laughed holding up a skimpy purple thong from Victoria Secrets.
"No!" Robert swatted the materiel out of Stefanie's hand and looked around, "I can't believe I'm in here with the two of you." He groaned. I laughed and gave him a shove,
"You're a bum." He raised his eyebrow and looked at me,
"A bum?"
"Yeah, you don't even know what to get your girlfriend for Valentine's day." I laughed going over to the bra section. "It's not my fault the girl's picky. I bet you don't even know what you're getting Billy." Robert stuck his tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes.
"Guys I think I'm going to get this for Jake." Stefanie laughed holding up a pair of panties that had cheetah print on it. Robert and I started laughing and Stefanie took a picture of it and sent it to Jake.
"You think he'll like it?" Robert laughed and I nodded my head.

Twenty minutes later Stefanie, Robert, and I were leaving and heading to Hollister. Stefanie bought the cheetah panties for herself and Robert ended up buying a top that says LOVE PINK and a hoodie that said the same thing for Erin, he also plans on buying her a neck lace he saw at Kay Jewelers.
"I'll be back you two, I'm going to get the necklace." Stefanie and I nodded going into Hollister,
"What are you getting Billy?" Stefanie asked looking through some of the guy shirts. I shrugged,
"I'm not sure."
"I think you should get him this!" She exclaimed holding up a dinky hoodie, "Stef that looks like it could fit a five year old." I said. She chuckled,
"I'm bad at picking things out." That was true.

I eventually found a nice smelling cologne I was going to buy and Stefanie got Jake a blue shirt and a hoodie.
"We are so original." I chuckled while she was paying. Stefanie shrugged, "They're guys they'll be happy if we gave them anything." She was true about that, guys are way more easier to please than girls.

By three o'clock we finished everything, ate at Subway and now we where on our way home. Robert had dropped me off first, and I was excited to go show Kirra all the stuff I had gotten Billy.
"Kirra! I"m home!" I yelled. She called back from the kitchen and I walked in to see her sitting at the table on her laptop.
"Whatcha looking at sis?" I asked setting the bags down.
"Well i decided to my little sister a favor and look at apartments for you to live in New York." She said. I looked over her shoulder,
"Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I can do that on my own." I chuckled.
"But anyway, I've got Billy the perfect gifts!" I exclaimed. Kirra turned her attention away from the computer and to me and smiled. I showed her the clothes I got him, the card, and a new leather jacket for himself.
"You think he'll like it?" I asked. Kirra smiled and nodded,
"I do, but you're making it seem like it's Christmas." she laughed.
"I am aren't I?" I laughed.
"But we didn't spend Christmas together, so I'm making it up." She chuckled and nodded.
"Alright, well I'm making dinner tonight." She said before walking out of the kitchen. I took Billy's gifts up stairs and grabbed my phone. Billy had texted me asking me what I was doing.
'Nothing just got home from shopping.' I texted back. Not even a minute later I got a text saying he was on his way over. I smiled and started hiding his gifts in my closet. I finished as soon as he came over,

"Kel! Someone's here to see you!" Kirra called. My heart skipped a beat and I jumped down the stairs. Once I saw Billy I couldn't keep the smile off my face. I knew I was falling for Billy Unger.
"Hey Kel!" He wrapped his arm around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek.
"I missed you." My heart filled with happiness and warmth,
"I missed you too."
"I've got a present for you." he said. I raised an eyebrow,
"Oh really?" Billy chuckled and nodded,
"It's a Valentine's day present." he said.
"But Valentine's Day isn't until tomorrow." Billy rolled his eyes,
"Can't I give my girlfriend her present a day early?" I shrugged,
"I guess you can do that." I smiled up at Billy as he took my hand and lead me upstairs. He commanded me to on my bed and close my eyes and I did.
"Now I know we've only been dating for a short time, and I know when we first met we weren't exactly good friends." He chuckled,
"But once I started to get to know you, and learned you are a stubborn person, but you really became special to me. I'm sorry I left so quickly for a long time. But Kelli you're an amazing girl and even if you don't realize it you've helped me through a lot." I smiled, still with my eyes closed.
"And this is really mushy but I do have a soft spot in my heart."
"You can open you're eyes now."

Billy was on his knee holding a ring in it's box in his hand,
"I know we are too young for marriage, and I know we both want to live our lives a little, you know go to college and everything. But I bought this for you to remember me. Maybe we won't be together in the future, maybe we will. But I want you to remember that you helped me a lot and I love you." He said. I blinked a few times before wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. I pulled away and smiled at Billy,
"I love you too." He smiled and slid the ring onto my ring finger.
"You don't have to wear it on that finger if you don't want to." He said. "But I want to." I smiled at him. He chuckled and sat next to me.

My life seemed to be at one of the happiest times I've had in a while. I have wonderful friends, a great sister and soon-to-be brother in-law, and an amazing boyfriend, it seemed like nothing could ruin it.

But then the thought of college started running through my head. I would soon be going off to New York in the spring time. I would be leaving everyone behind, and Kirra was the only one that knew that I had accepted to go to New York University.

I gulped and turned to Billy, "B-Billy?" I knew this was going to be hard to tell him. His eyes met mine and he smiled, "I've got something important to tell you."
"If you're pregnant it's not my child because we did not do anything like that." I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes,
"No, it's about college."
"Oh yeah, you never told me where you are going!" He said.
"Yeah, well." I bit my lip, "I'mnotstayinghereI'mgoingtoNewYork."
"What? I only caught I'm."
I took a deep breath,
"I'm not going to college around here, I was accepted into New York University for fashion. I'm leaving a week after graduation." Billy kept a smile on his face, but his eyes sadden.
"That's great Kel." He wrapped his arms around me bringing me in for a hug,
"Are you going to be okay by yourself in New York?" he asked.
"I can come with you if you want. I'll tell my mom."
"Billy you can't just drop your life here for me. You're going to Indiana University, that's great! I'm pretty sure you're mom would be upset if you didn't go."
"But I want to be with you." He said hugging me tighter.
"Have you ever heard of that saying that If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be. And that's for both of us, if we are meant to be we will find our way back to each other." I said.
"My mom use to tell me that all the time." He laughed kissing the top of my head.
"But I'm going to miss you." He laid back with me in his arms.
"I'm going to miss you too. But let's not think about that okay? I want to be happy and not depressed."
"Alright Kel."

For the rest of the night Billy and I laid in my bed talking about what we planned to do with our life. Billy surprised me when he said he wanted to become a lawyer. He never came off with that kind of impression of being one, I was expecting him to say something like a firefighter. He also surprised me when he said he wanted three kids. He wanted two boys and a little girl so the boys can protect their sister. But he said he was happy with whatever he got. I told Billy what I wanted to do since I was a little girl was to become a fashion designer, or somewhere close to that. I didn't really think of getting married or having kids, I would have excepted Billy to say something like that. But we fell asleep like that and I was happy that Billy wasn't mad about me leaving.

Monday's always killed my mood, especially when I knew that my teacher was giving the class a test. I wasn't dressed anywhere of being cute with grey sweat pants, black UGGS, a long sleeve Christmas sweater- even if it was already February- and my hair was tied up in a messy bun. I walked out of first period already bored with the day and saw Robert and Erin walking holding hands.
"Kel?" Robert asked. I smiled and waved,
"You took 'the bum' look to a whole new level." Robert held a hand up to high five him but Erin smacked him, "You don't call a girl a bum." Robert rolled his eyes but wrapped his arm around his waist,
"Have you seen my brother?" Erin asked. I shook my head,
"No he texted me this morning saying he couldn't give me a ride to school because he was going to be late." I shrugged. Erin pouted her lips,
"I wonder where that boy can be-" She stopped talking as her eyes met something behind me.
"Uh Kel why don't you come help me look for him." I groaned,
"I don't want to. What where you looking-" Erin pulled me forward and dragged me down the hallway, without Robert.
"Er what the hell. Stop pulling me." I tore out of her grip and spun around to see Robert and Billy talking vigorously and Peyton standing next to Billy.
"Kel!" Billy caught me looking at him. He started walking over to me but Peyton pulled him back and slammed her lips to his, and he didn't look like he was going to pull away.
"Kel..." Erin said behind me.
"Uh, it's okay." I said slipping the ring off my finger,
"Tell your brother to have this." I set the ring in her hand and walked off. I knew falling for him was wrong, I knew he didn't really love me. I was stupid, I always got hurt in the end.