Chapter 18

Kelli's POV
Today I woke up at five in the morning to go to cheer practice. It was horrible and I almost fell asleep standing up, luckily no one noticed, because I stood in the back. Now school ended for the day and I was in the car with Vanessa and heading to the gym. I haven't talked to Billy either, he didn't make an effort, so why should I? Whenever he was around like in the halls, or classes we would have together, he would just simply ignore me.

"We aren't going to be doing much today." Vanessa said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded,
"I'm just going to see what you can and can't do."
"Uh, well I can't do much." I mumbled.
She chuckled,
"Don't put yourself down Kelli, did you ever even try any of this?" she asked and I shook my head no,
"My point." She said. We arrived at a building, that didn't look much like a gym.
"This is the... gym?" I asked.
"Yep! It's not a normal gym; it's a gym where we practice our big stunts. Plus most of us are in gymnastics." She said. We got out of the car and grabbed our bags. I followed her inside, seeing, mats, trampolines, beams, and stuff I didn't recognize. We walked back into a locker room and got changed into shorts, tank tops, socks, and sneakers.
"So obviously you're not too good at remembering routines, and we'll fix that, but right now show me your flexibility." She said stretching her arms and legs, I did the same.
"What do you want me to do?" I asked.
"Just start off easy with a cartwheel and a round off." She said. I did I was told to do, and I surprised myself, by not falling or looking like a goof. She smiled,
"Good, not the best, but we can work on it. Now I'll show you this, it's called a backhand spring, but if you feel like you can't do it, we'll practice it later." She said. She flipped backwards on her hands and made it look easy. I took a deep breath and tried it. I failed the first time, the second time was the same result, but the third time I actually got over but landed on my butt. Vanessa chuckled,
"Okay we'll definitely need to work on that, basically all of Peyton's routines have back hand springs, but your cartwheels and round offs are good." She said and I thanked her,
"So now I'm just going to show you that basic moves in cheerleading, and then I show you the routine from yesterday." She said.

The rest of the day went by like that. Vanessa never yelled at me if I couldn't do a move, or forgot a step, she's a great teacher and I could see her being a great teacher when she's older, not just for school but for anything. She never made me feel bad that I couldn't do something, but encouraged me to try again.
"Good job today Kelli, and to become even better practice the moves in your head, it helps you remember. Plus your new to all this so I don't expect you to know everything right away." She said grabbing her gym bag.
"Thanks Vanessa." I smiled.
"You need a ride home?" she asked.
"Yeah if you don't mind." I said.
"Nope, I don't!" she smiled and we made our way out of the building. We talked about school, and cheerleading.

When she pulled up to my house, Niall, Erin, Robert, and Gregg where laid out on my front lawn. What the hell?
"Are they all right?" Vanessa asked when she parked the car. I furrowed my eyebrows.
"I don't know." I jumped out of the car and ran over to them, I heard Vanessa following behind.
"Guys!" I yelled. Robert's eyes fluttered opened and he smiled up at me,
"Well hello Kel."
"Why are you guys asleep on my front lawn?" I asked. He chuckled,
"We came over, but no one was home, so we decided to take a nap and wait for you." He said. I started laughing, I never met anyone who would do that.
"You guys are too funny." I said and the rest of them woke up.
"Well at least they all are okay." Vanessa said. Niall looked over and smiled at her, he jumped up and smirked.
"Hello, I'm Niall." Someone's a flirt.
"I'm Vanessa." She giggled.

He started talking about something but I didn't pay attention, because he was obivously flirting with her,
"I'm going in, to eat something, Vanessa you could come in if you would like." I said.
"Sure." She said. They all followed me into my house and into the kitchen.
"So how was practice this morning?" Erin giggled.
I glared,
"Horrible." I said.
"I never thought in a million years I would wake up five in the morning to practice." She laughed and I pulled out frozen pizza and put it in the oven.
"Kel I need you to do me a favor." Erin said. I looked over at her; she stood on the other side of the island, while Robert, Gregg, Vanessa, and Niall sat at the kitchen table.
"Yeah, what is it?" I asked.
"Call Billy for me, he's pretty upset." She said. I raised my eyebrow,
"He didn't seem like it." I shrugged.
"Because the big baboon, he thinks he needs to be mister tough guy all the time." She said.
"He doesn't like showing his emotions to a lot of people." She said quietly. I sighed,
"How upset is he?" I asked. He's eighteen; I think he could handle himself, plus he didn't seem like a person to get really upset about something like this.
"He bursted into his room yesterday and almost flung the door off its hinges." She said.
"He doesn't sound upset, he sounded angry." I said.
"Billy has a different way about showing when he's upset, he usually is quiet, doesn't reply with his cocky remarks, and he acts really angry, because I think he thinks it's his fault when something bad goes wrong, he's always been thinking that since our dad left us." She said. Wait, does she know the reason why he left? Billy said she didn't.
"Don't tell Billy I know Kel, it will kill him more. But I doubt he ever told you that he felt he was the reason for our dad leaving." She quietly said so the boys wouldn't here.
"Billy thinks that?" I asked.
"Yeah, he thinks he did something wrong, even if he was very young, when our dad left." She said. I sighed,
"I'll call him." She smiled and pulled up her hair into a ponytail.
"I'll watch the pizza." She lightly pushed me out of the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and dialed Billy's number.