Chapter 24

Kelli's POV
I stared at Kirra for a second debating my answer. I kept asking myself again and again, why did I call Billy before Kirra?
"I-I'm not sure." I looked at the ground.
She nodded and looked back at the TV. It was quiet after that; I wasn't sure if Kirra was mad at me, or if she was just being quiet. That's how the rest of my night went; sitting on the couch drinking hot chocolate and watching reruns of Teen Wolf. As I was about to get up and go upstairs Kirra startled me when she jumped up,
"Next week is Halloween." She said with wide eyes.
"Yeah... and?" I asked. Kirra is a twenty four year old woman; I didn't expect her to get so excited about Halloween.
"We need to decorate!" She exclaimed.
I raised my eyebrows
"Really?"
"Yes really. I'll go shopping tomorrow for some lights when you're at school." She said. I told her goodnight after that and went upstairs.

I laid in my bed, on my stomach, scrolling through the Facebook statues of my old friends from Delaware. I saw pictures of them at football games, having a good time. It made me miss all the fun I use to have, before everything that happened with my family. But then again I felt out of place there. I sighed and plugged my phone in. I pulled the covers up over my body and fell asleep.

"Okay class today we'll be doing a project. It will be your final grade for this semester and it will count as half of your grade, so if you choose not to do it, you will fail." Mr. Smith announced as he wrote on the white board.
"Mr. Smith you do know the semester doesn't end for another two months." A kid called from the back of the class.
He turned around and glared at the kid,
"I do know that." He snapped,
"It's a project I want you working on for the next two months. With a partner, and I will be picking them." He looked up from his glasses that where on the tip of his nose. A few groans erupted around the classroom, me being one of them. I hate projects, I also hate going in front of the class to present the project. I mean why do teachers even make us do that? Half the time they don't pay attention and have to look over it again. He pulled a piece of paper from his desk and started reading off names,
"Billy Unger and Rupert Grint, Poppy Best and Hannah Rush, Kelli Berglund and Peyton List..." Really? How freaking cliché. I looked over at Peyton who had a disgusted look on her face.

I rolled my eyes and snapped my eyes to Billy.
"Are you happy with your partner?" I asked.
"No. Rupert Grint is a weird kid, he stalks people." He said with an almost scarred look. I chuckled and slapped his arm lightly.
"You're a mean kid, give the guy a chance." I said.
"Oh no. Never again, one time in freshman year I was partnered with him and I went over his house and he had pictures of the senior girls that use to go here. And they weren't his girlfriend's either." He said. Okay then...
"Well I'm not happy with mine either." I grumbled crossing my arms on the desk. He started snickering,
"Oh yeah your with Peyton." I could tell he was just teasing but I was in no mood to be teased.
"I'll punch her in the face. She was all nice and everything in the being of Cheerleading now she's a complete Bee- otch." I said writing down the notes Mr. Smith put on the board.
"I'll talk to Mr. Smith and get our partners switched." Billy said.
"Billy you do realize Mr. Smith doesn't really like you..." I trailed off looking over at him for a brief moment. He chuckled,
"I know but maybe if I tell him something he'll switch our partners." He said.
"And what are you going to tell him?" I asked setting my pencil down, intertwining my fingers and looked at him. He shrugged,
"I have the rest of class to think about that." He winked.
"Mr. Unger, Miss Berglund care to explain why you are talking during my class?" Boy this teacher really needs to do something with his life other than make teen's life miserable.

I stood outside of Mr. Smith's classroom listening to Billy bicker on about how we can't be partners without partners.
"Come on Mr. S, I told you Rupert Grint is a creep and Peyton and Kel can't be near each other because I'm afraid Kel will catch a STD!" Billy explained.
"First off Unger, don't call me Mr. S, second I don't like how you're talking about you fellow classmates and lastly why should I give you permission to change partners? You hardly come to my class anyway." He snapped at Billy.
Billy sighed, but continued on ranting. I peeked inside the classroom and saw Mr. Smith writing something on his desk, while Billy flared his arms out everywhere. I decided to help Billy seeing he doesn't have a chance of getting to Mr. Smith. I walked in and placed my hands on Mr. Smith.
"Excuse me?" I asked sweetly. He looked up with a glare,
"What do you want now? I already go this one complaining."
"Yeah I know, I heard. But I do want to ask you the same thing. Me and Peyton aren't on very good terms right now, and if we have to do a project together, somethings are just not going to go down good."
"But-"
"Wait let me finish." I held up my hand to silence him,
"So I'm asking you to switch partners with Billy, I mean he is doing really bad, and if he fails he'll be here again next year, so..." I trailed off with an eyebrow raised. He narrowed his eyes at the two of us,
"Fine. But do not and I repeat do not tell anyone, I'll just say I made a mistake, I don't want anyone else annoying to change partners. Plus I don't want you back again next year." He grumbled turning to his computer. I smiled at Billy, who had a grin.
"Thanks Mr. Smith." I said and we both walked out. Billy gave me a high five.
"Damn, I didn't know you can persuade an old hag like that easily."
"It's all in the charming talk." I winked.
"But I do have to get to class so, I'll see you later." I turned the other way to walk when Billy called my name.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Be prepared to be doing most of the work." He winked and then disappeared down the hallway.