Chapter 23

Kelli's POV
I sat down on the side of the curb about a block away from where the wedding reception was held. I told Billy to pick me up here; I patiently waited as I watched people walk down the side walk, even if it was late out and a bit chilly. It was nice though. I smiled as I saw an older couple walking, hand and hand; the man helped his wife cross the street. I really do hope I'll have a relationship like that one day. I sighed and played with the hem on my dress. I wiped the tear stains off my cheeks; I was still shocked at what Cameron did. I mean it wasn't huge like him raping me, or hurting me, but like I said before I was never in that kind of situation, I never had a guy do that to me. It scared me a lot.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Billy in his Hummer, with the window rolled down. He had a sad smile on his face. I quickly got off the cold ground and opened his car door. I jumped in and wrapped my arms around his neck and let out a sob. I felt his hands rub my back in circles.
"B-Billy you were right..." I mumbled pulling back and sitting in the passenger seat. I shut the door and waited for him to start teasing me, saying that I'm stupid and he's the smart one.
"What?" he asked confusion on his face. I turned and looked out the window.
"You were right about Cameron." I said a little bit louder. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him stiffen.
"What did he do to?" his voice was low and harsh. I stayed quiet not really knowing how to explain what happened. He looked over at me,
"God dammit Kelli! I'll go kill him now." He started to get out. I almost chuckled, for one reason, Billy had no idea where Cameron was; he would just be walking around looking like the hulk ready to throw some cars. But it wasn't a laughing matter, so I pulled Billy's arm.
"Don't Billy." I whispered. He took a deep breath,
"Just tell me, I won't yell." He said.
"Promise." I raised my pinky.
"Promise." He said wrapping his pinky around mine. I proceed to tell him what happened and I could tell he was about to explode.

"Billy just promise me next time you see him, don't rip his head off." I pleaded.
"Why shouldn't I? He already took Zendaya away from me, he can't take you too." He squeezed the steering wheel hard and he looked out the windshield.
"Billy, who's Zendaya?" I asked. He sighed and looked over at me.
"I guess I have to tell you know." He said starting the car.
"I'll tell you when we get to my house." I nodded and rested my head on the seat.

I sat down on Billy's bed looking around his room. Erin sat beside me on her phone; she gave me clothes to wear to bed. She was keeping company while Billy was putting Nikki to bed. I looked at Billy's walls which wear covered in baseball posters. I never knew Billy liked baseball that much, but there were also a lot of basketball posters too, mostly Chicago Bulls ones.
"Billy likes baseball?" I asked Erin.
She looked up and nodded,
"He loves it; he's not much of a fan of playing it anymore he used to though. But he likes to watch it." She said. I nodded and continued to look around; his room was a typical teenage boy's room, dirty clothes in a pile in the corner, clothes hanging out of the dresser drawers, soda bottles on his desk, and his bed a mess.

The door opened and Billy walked in,
"Well I guess I'm off to bed. Night Kel." Erin gave me a hug and then walked out shutting the door quietly.
"You can take the bed; I'll sleep on the floor." He said. I nodded and crawled under the covers. He switched the light off and grabbed a blanket from his closet and a pillow from his bed and laid it on the ground next to the bed.
"Billy?" I asked.
"Yeah?"
"Are you going to tell me about Zendaya?" I asked.
"Yeah..." he mumbled. I waited a little bit before I heard him sigh,

"She was one of our good friends. She was friends with all of us, Er, Stef, Jake, everyone. After around eighth grade, I started to develop feelings for her, and that's when I also tried out for the baseball team. It was the ending of eighth grade, when they had try outs for the freshman team. I made it, and that's when I met Cameron. Him and Peyton where the devils of the school, and still are. They did things to people that weren't right, but they never got caught because one Peyton's mother is the principle and Cameron's father is a chief of the police and his mom is a lawyer." He sighed.
"We were always competitive with each other. When sophomore year came around Zendaya and I started going out, our relationship was something I always wished for, I could go to her for anything, she was always there and I loved that." His voice cracked, "Cameron and Peyton broke up again and everyone knew they would be back together the week after anyway. But at the end of January Cameron got a fucking bug up his ass to start talking to Zendaya, he never even spared her a look before. Zendaya being the nice down to earth person she was talked back to him." There was a long pause before he started again.
"No one ever saw the tricks and games Cameron and Peyton played at, they were always covered up by their parents. A month later Zendaya and Cameron became really close, and our relationship was slowly falling apart, even to this day I'm not sure if Zendaya saw that. But Cameron was coming in and taking her away from me. I didn't say anything about it, because one time I did and we got in a huge argument, so I kept quiet. And then all of the sudden Peyton started talking to me, I was not interested at all and I told her that. She didn't listen and insisted we hung out. I said no because I had plans with Zendaya that night, but apparently she had plans with Cameron." His voice got very harsh and angry as he continued; I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. I never saw Billy get this emotionally, even about the story he told about his dad wasn't this bad.
"So I did, Peyton distracted me as Cameron took Zendaya out to the woods somewhere... a-and he raped and killed her." He said quietly. A small gasp came from my mouth.