Part 31: Similar in many ways

On the other hand, Jake too just put Amara to bed and walked out after turning off the lights. He saw Ryan who just came out of his sister's room. He walked towards Ryan and offered "Drinks?" Ryan nodded and both of them left. 

Ryan and Jake sat on the sand near the beach and started drinking while watching the sunset. After a long silence Ryan finally looked at Jake "Why did you both bring us here?" Jake shrugged his shoulders "It was your sister's idea." "Didn't you help her?" Jake mocked Crystal's tone "I did but the central idea was her's." Ryan said "Well I can understand. My sister is smart enough just like me." "Narcissist." Jake frowned. The conversation ended there. After another long pause Jake called out once again "Hey Ryan." "Hmm?" "Will you take proper care of my sister?" "Huh?" "You heard me right." "Of course I will." "Mhmm." Jake took a sip from his beer and spoke again. "I'm asking not only as your friend but also her brother. She went through a lot. So please don't hurt her." Ryan understood how Jake felt as he too has a sister. He couldn't even bear the thought of Crystal turning into a cold heart. "Man, your sister became my responsibility the moment I put a ring on her hand." "Cough cough." They both turned around to look at the owner of the voice. It was Amara. She changed her clothes and looked like she had freshened up. She walked towards them and sat down between the both. "What we're you guys talking about?" "Nothing." Said Jake. Ryan looked at her worried "Where are your shoes? You're gonna hurt your feet." "Don't worry. I like walking on sand barefoot." Jake looked at Amara "From where did you get these clothes?" She mocked her brother "Brother just so you know there is something called a closet in this private resort. And that closet somehow happens to have our clothes as our families own this place." All of a sudden a chuckle left Ryan's mouth. Both Amara and Jake looked at Ryan and raised an eyebrow. Ryan who observed this started laughing. Jake questioned "What is it?" "Both of you are similar in so many ways." Amara wanted to say not to compare her with her brother. But Jake was quicker "Don't compare me with this cold ass." Amara frowned and took a beer bottle. She stated gulping it down her throat. Ryan pulled the bottle away from her hand and warned "That's enough. Stop drinking." Amara's frown grew bigger. "I'm going back to my room." She got up and left. After sunset, both the men too got up and left. Jake tried really hard to wake up Crystal at least for dinner but she was dead asleep. "Crystal wake up!" Unable to wake her up, he left her room and went to sleep. 

Late at night, Ryan walked into Amara's room. He was unable to sleep and wanted to sleep next to her while cuddling her. He walked in only to find an empty bed. He checked the washroom and even the balcony only to find no one. Rather than disappointment he started to panic first. Where could she have gone this late? He stated searching for her. The car which they used to come here was Jake's and he wouldn't give her the key, knowing her very well. After double checking and making sure that she wasn't in the room, he walked out. Just as he closed the door he found something amusing. Amara was standing at Ryan's room door and deciding whether she should knock or not. Her room was opposite to his. After a minute of contemplating whether she should leave or go inside, she decide to leave. But Ryan was quick and walked towards her, back hugging her. Knowing her well, she would scream as loud as possible now, so he covered her mouth first.