Part 16: Engagement

24th evening...

Today's the second big day in Amara and Ryan's life. Their engagement. All the guests started arriving one by one. Jake walked into Ryan's room to see if he got ready. Ryan was sitting on the couch looking at his tablet. He was wearing a basil green suit which fit perfectly with his tonned body. "Are you ready dude?" Jake asked him as Ryan looked at him and nodded. "Okay. I'll go check on my sister." Saying, Jake left and Crystal entered her brother's room. "Brother how do i look?" She did a tiny twirl to show off her dress to Ryan. "You look just perfect Crystal." Ryan said with a smile and Crystal happily smiled. She was wearing a turquoise long sleeveless evening dress which ended at her feet. With proper makeup and her hair done, she looked like an elegant young lady which she was. Jake wore the same colour turquoise suit to match Crystal as he was Amara's brother.
Jake walked into his sister's room only to find her eating a bag of cookies. She looked like a cute chimp munk unlike how she looks every time, a cold woman. "Tsk tsk! How many times did I tell you to stop eating those cookies? They are very unhealthy for your body. You never—" "Brother." When Jake was too immersed in scolding her she found a way to escape. Jake stopped and looked at her. "You look handsome today." She said observing him head to toe. "What do you mean by today? I am handsome everyday." She secretly rolled her eyes. "How about me?" Amara was wearing a basil green dress to match with Ryan. She was looking extravagantly beautiful. The knot at her waist accentuated her beautiful curves. Her hair was parted to a side exposing a part of her face. She had a simple diamond necklace and studs to go with it along with a bracelet and watch. She paired her dress with black heels. With minimal makeup and little curls on her hair, she looked breathtaking. "You look not so bad." Jake said and she smiled. That was his way of telling her 'You look beautiful'. 

The moment everyone was waiting for was finally here. Ryan and Amara were standing on the stage. Jake took the microphone and started talking. He tapped the microphone 2 times before speaking. "Ladies and gentlemen may I get your attention if you guys are done chitchatting?" Jake said with a smile. Jake is greatly loved by all his family members. He is a cheerful man who has always been able to make everyone happy. "My sister Amara is getting engaged today. Woo-hoo! I planned on giving a speech but I couldn't find time to write one, so let's just keep it for the reception. Sorry sis." He said with a laugh looking at Amara which made her smile. He looked back at everyone. "For now, exchange those rings so that we bachelors can start our party." Crystal walked over and handed the ring over to Ryan. Jake gave the ring to Amara. Amara and Ryan stood up, facing each other. They looked into each other's eyes. There was a spark in each other's eyes. Some spark which they never saw. They slowly slid the ring onto each others finger. Once they exchanged their rings, the photo section started.