Part 28: Dead meat

From the next day Ryan and Amara got back to their usual lives and began working as usual. Both the families were busy shopping and getting ready for their wedding. But there were two people who were very curious about their sibling's lives. It was Jake and Crystal. 

Jake who was peacefully sleeping on the bed was disturbed by his phone ringing. He cut the call and fell back asleep. But the continuous ring annoyed him and he finally picked up the call without looking at the caller id. He spoke with his sleepy voice 

"Hello?" 

"Hello?! Seriously?! You're still sleeping?! How the heck can you be asleep when we have something planned?!" 

"Hey hey chill. My ears are hurting."

"Chill?! You better get you ass here in 30 minutes or I'll drag you out of your house!"

And with that she cut the call. "Damn this girl is too young to be this bossy. Ah my ears hurt!" Jake murmured to himself and got up lazily to freshen up. He stretch his body and walked towards the restroom with a yawn. 

After 30 minutes he walked into a cafe. Crystal was sitting at a table and was seriously looking at her laptop. He walked behind her and tapped her shoulder. She looked up and found him smiling at her. She looked back at her laptop screen and said in a cold voice "You're 2 minutes late." "I'm sorry." He apologised and sat in front of her. "Do you have the plan?" Crystal nodded and turned the laptop towards him. She started explaining her plans..Once she was done Jake came out of his daze and clapped "Wowwww!! How many presentations have you done?" Crystal smiled showing her cute dimples "I'm known as the presentation queen of our Uni." Jake nodded his head in agreement  "Yeah I can see it." Crystal got up. "So shall we leave?" Jake too got up and they left. 

Their first destination was at Stone industries. 

As soon as they arrived, Noah walked down to pick them up. He greeted them. They accepted his greetings and Crystal questioned "Where is Ryan?" "Boss is currently in his office, Mam." She nodded and they walked in. Noah guided them towards his office. All this time Jake's gaze didn't leave Crystal even for a second. She was so serious and professional unlike her original character that he wondered if she was the same person. It was as if she is the second Ryan. She looked at Noah "Did you do what I requested Mr. Noah?" "Yes mam."  "Thank you. You can leave." Noah bowed and left. Jake thought to himself "This girl sure is bossy. Need to be careful with her." They knocked on the door and heard Ryan's voice "Come in." Crystal and Jake looked at each other. His cold voice passed a shiver through their spines. They took a deep breath before going in. Ryan was so involved in work to see who has arrived. No one would dare to walk in to his office except Noah so he didn't need to see. Seeing that he was so immersed in work Crystal called out "Brother." Hearing her voice, Ryan looked up in surprise. "Crystal? Jake? What are you both doing here?" Crystal got back to herself. She walked towards him with a smile and said "Brother get up! We're going somewhere!" She dragged him from his chair. "But I have work." "It's okay brother, I asked Noah to take care of it!" Noah who just walked into the room heard his name and looked up to see his boss glaring at him. Noah looked his boss and spoke in a terrified voice "B-boss...Mrs Chairman i-instructed me to clear your s-schedule for today. Ryan sighed and let his sister drag him. He glared at Jake who simply stood there enjoying the show. "Are you with her?" He shrugged "I'm here to help her." While walking out of his office he threw a cold glare at Noah and said "I'll deal with you later." Noah was scared for life. Only after they left did he finally breathe. Noah felt like crying. He was reminded of his boss's face and thought to himself "I'm dead meat in his hands." All he could think of at that moment was to pack his bags and run away from the country as soon as possible.