Part 30: Tom and Jerry

Once they reached down she walked out of the office only to find Crystal and Jake along with Sam. She directly walked towards Sam and questioned in a dead cold voice "Do you have a death wish?" What she meant by that was 'Why didn't you inform me that someone arrived?' Sam put his head down and answered "Mrs. Chairman asked me to clear your schedule for the afternoon boss." Ryan who heard the same dialogue from his assistant, looked at Crystal. She looked away and pretended as if she doesn't know what's going on. Ryan sighed and thought 'These two were scheming something behind my back. From now I should keep a snitch on Crystal.' Amara was about to say something to Sam when Jake stopped him "That's enough ranting on that poor guy Sis. Let's go now." She glared at her brother but smiled at Crystal. "Hey, Crystal." Crystal gave a bright smile and hugged Amara "Hey sis-in-law!!" She smiled and asked "Why are you guys here?" Crystal smiled even more and pulled her toward the car "It's a secret!" Amara let Crystal drag her. Ryan was looking at them with a smile. Jake coughed to get his attention. He turned towards Jake with a poker face "What?" "My sister never smiles like that towards you." Ryan was quite for a second. Then he looked at Jake "Shut up and get your ass into the car." And walked towards the car. They sat and drove off.

Jake was driving with Ryan next to him. Crystal and Amara sat at the back as Crystal wanted to sit next to her sister in law. After an hour of drive Amara's patience finally came to an end and she spoke vexed up voice. "Brother where are we going?" But opposite to her, Jake was very calm "Have patience." Just then both the cold stone's phones rang, Indicating a message. After briefly looking at their phones, Ryan looked at Jake "Stop the car." Jake didn't pay attention to his. "We can start again in 5 minutes. It's about work." Amara also spoke up "Brother it's important." Seeing that his sister was also siding up with Ryan, Jake sighed and pulled over. Both the cold stones got out of car. Amara saw that Crystal too was getting out so she instructed "Stat inside. We'll be back in 5." Crystal nodded obediently. Once the door was closed she looked at Jake "What could it be?" "I know only as much as you do. If not, even less." "By the way, do you think they'll like it? I worked so hard on designing it." "Excuse me? I volunteered too?" "Yeah but the central idea was mine." "What?!" They continued bickering like Tom and Jerry. 

Out of the car, Amara and Ryan were in a serious discussion. Both of them made numerous phone calls to their respective assistant's. Seeing that they weren't gonna come any time soon, Jake horned to remind them. As soon as they heard the horn, they regained their composure and walked toward the car. But one could tell that something serious was going on just by a glance at them. Ryan's shirt's hands were folded to his arms and the top two buttons of his shirt were undone. His hair was messy as if he was trying to pull out a handful of them. Amara's face lost her usual charm and her tucked in shirt was a little out of place. Seeing that they both weren't in a good mood Jake and Crystal looked at each other and thought if they should proceed with their plan. But Jake nodded at her indicating it's okay. The ride took another 30 minutes. Once they reached, Jake parked the car and looked back. He chuckled and pulled out his phone. Clicking a picture, he chuckled. Ryan who heard the chuckle, pulled his eyes away from his tablet and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. Jake silently signalled his to turn around. Ryan turned around with the same expression only to find something really cute. Crystal fell asleep on Amara's shoulder. Amara who tried really hard not to close her eyes, fell asleep. Seeing them fall asleep on each other, Ryan too couldn't help but pull out a smile on his face. Both the men silently got down. Ryan was about to go towards Amara when he was stopped by Jake. Jake looked at Ryan with a firm face "You carry your sister. I can carry mine." Ryan walked towards his sister with a frown and carried her towards the house. He gently laid her down onto the bed and covered her with sheets. Moving the strands of hair from her face, he looked at her baby-like features. She gently twisted and tossed around murmuring something. He payed close attention and managed to understand a few words. 'Sister in law. Brother. Marriage. Clothes. Jake.' The smile he had till then went away as soon as he heard Jake's name. He murmured "Don't think about that bastard, Crystal." He adjusted the sheets and went out of the room, turning off the lights.