Part 24: She really is something

The Next Morning

Amara and Ryan had to report to the base. They left early in the morning and reached City Y by the afternoon. This time Amara was very stubborn and drove the car herself. They reached in 3 and half hours and Ryan went through hell those 3 and half hours. He was scared shitless and didn't think he'd make it alive, seeing her drive. As soon as they reached the base Ryan sighed to himself in relief. Fred was in a meeting so they had to wait for a while. They walked into their rooms and left their luggages. Ryan was drinking water when he got a phone call. He received it. "Emanuel's on the line." "I'm coming." He walked towards Amara's room and went inside. She was sitting on the table in front of the laptop after changing her clothes. She was wearing a spaghetti strap top and tracks with her hair tied in a messy bun. He went and sat next to her. "Yes Emanuel." "Agent Gen, Agent Zed, Lucin signed the agreement." He nodded in satisfaction but she groaned in disappointment. "I was hoping to pull out a couple of teeth from his mouth!" She said and stood up, walking away from the table. Emanuel looked at her in disbelief. "She really is something." Ryan chuckled but turned back serious and looked at Emanuel through the computer screen. "Thank you Agent Emanuel." Emanuel bowed and ended the call. Ryan got up and walked towards Amara. She was standing at the window and Looking out. He back hugged her, surrounding his hands around her waist and nuzzled his nose into her neck. Her hands which were previously folded below her chest, held his arms. They looked like a couple who were so in love. "Good job Agent Zed." Ryan whispered against her neck and she smiled "You too Agent Gen." Ryan turned her around and looked at her. She looked at him and raised her eyebrows asking what. He held her hand and took her to the bed. Making her sit, he sat next to her. He took her hand and held it in his such that both their rings were appearing. A thought popped Amara's head as she pulled out her phone from her pocket. She captured a picture of their hands such that their rings were visible. Ryan too did the same. "I'm setting this as my wallpaper." Ryan said "Good idea!" They set their wallpapers to that particular photo they had just taken. Just then there was a knock on the door. Ryan walked towards the door and opened it only to find Fred. "Boss." "How come I'm not surprised to see you here agent Gen?" Fred said with a laugh as he walked inside the room. Amara got up and greeted him. He sat down and looked at the newly engaged couple and asked them to sit. They sat down and looked at him. Fred looked at them with a smile. "So?" Ryan started speaking "Boss we took the help of Agent Emanuel and..." "I'm not asking about that Agent Gen." Fred continued after a sigh. "You guys have no other thoughts except work." Ryan and Amara looked at each other. "How was your engagement?" "It was good boss." Amara said and Ryan nodded with a smile. "I'm sorry that I couldn't attend the engagement." "It's okay boss but make sure to attend the wedding or we won't report to the base." "Are you threatening me, Agent Zed?" Fred chuckled. "No boss but just telling the consequences of not attending our wedding." "Let's go out for dinner tonight. My treat." Fred said before getting up and going out of the room leaving the couple alone.