Part 2: Encounter with Ex

Walking into Amara's room he sat on the couch as she was taking a shower. After 15 minutes she came out and saw her brother looking at a file. She didn't disturb him and sat next to him after grabbing a file from the table next to her bed. Just then she got a call from Sam.
"Yes Sam?"
"Boss Mr.Brown wants to postpone the meeting for after lunch."
"Any problem?"
"His mother-in-law got a heart stroke and is currently in hospital."
"Which hospital?"
"Limbs hospital boss."
"Pick me up in 20 minutes."
"Okay boss."
She cut the call and heard her brother "You're doing a good job."
"Thank you brother. What's wrong with mum?"
Jake put down the file in his hands and sighed."Mum found another pack of sleeping pills in your car."
Amara groaned and mumbled "this careless Sam."
"What happened last night?" Jake questioned as Amara avoided looking at her brother. "Nothing brother." "Really? don't lie to Amara." Jake called her Amara only when he was really serious about something so she knew she had to say she had no other option to escape. Jake saw her thinking and walked towards the door. He counted in his heart. '3...2...1...' And Amara called out for him. "Brother..." he turned around and looked at her. "I met Andrew last night."
Jake almost coughed blood. "What?! What are you taking?!"

Amara's POV:
It was 10:30 at night so Sam and I were walking towards the car. Sam was reading my schedule for next day and I was walking while looking at my phone. Suddenly I dashed something and looked up to find Andrew. He was heavily drunk and smoking. He looked at me and smirked. "Damn! I never knew you could look this hot in dresses." He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer as I was absolutely disgusted. "Let go of my hand Andrew." I warned but he didn't let go. I punched his face and he started bleeding from this lower lip. "You bitch!" He raised his hand to hit me but Sam kicked his leg as he fell down to ground. Security arrived at the scene and got hold of him. "I'm joining the company in a month Amara!" He yelled when the security guards were dragging him away. I was devastated and went to the club with Sam to drink. He dropped me home at 2:30 or something.